Egypt court quashes Morsi life sentence
Egypt's highest appeal court has overturned a life sentence handed down to ousted President Mohammed Morsi.
The Court of Cassation ordered that the 65-year-old be retried for allegedly conspiring to commit terrorist acts with foreign organisations.
Last week, the court overturned a death sentence handed to Morsi in a separate case revolving around a mass prison break during the 2011 revolution.
But he is still serving lengthy sentences related to two other cases.
Morsi was elected president in 2012 but was removed by the military a year later after protests against his rule.
- 13:11 Police name man arrested in Whitehall as Mohammed Khalid Omar Ali
- 13:10 Teenager speaks of 'living nightmare' after being shot in the head...
- 13:10 Meet the three-year-old girl who sleeps for just 90 minutes each...
- 13:10 World stocks pause near record highs
- 13:10 Turkey's Erdogan will tell Trump Turkey could help retake Raqqa
- 13:10 Online abuse of teachers needs to be taken seriously - South...
- 13:10 Norway races Australia to fulfill Japan's hydrogen society dream
- 13:10 Homeless man beaten in "unprovoked" attack on busy road in broad...
- 13:10 King and Queen will star in village gala
- 13:09 Traders walk out of court in protest after being ordered to pay...
- 13:09 Student shortlisted for apprentice accolade
- 13:09 Saints prop Waller ready for 'massive' Exeter showdown
- 13:09 Newcastle in a series of old photographs: Take a tour around the...
- 13:09 Walkerville dad reveals inspiration behind incredible fundraising...
- 13:08 Tamworth hackers facing jail over £42m TalkTalk cyber-attack
- 13:08 Closed Sainsbury's Local in Long Eaton to reopen as convenience store
- 13:08 Liverpool drop huge official hint over summer striker transfer
- 13:07 Here's what The Simpsons make of Donald Trump's first 100 days in...
- 13:07 Tories 'set to take 7 seats from SNP' in General Election: Latest poll
- 13:06 Single lady finds romance after TV debut on Take Me Out – with...
- 13:06 Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge linked with possible move to...
- 13:06 Cannabis farm discovered in Bootle is being investigated by police
- 13:05 Susan’s tasty Easter treats help hospital
- 13:05 Town remembers Batley and Spen MP Jo Cox as centre renamed in her...
- 13:05 EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Rider’s eye view of Tour de Yorkshire as it heads...
- 13:05 Man jailed for injuring woman with baseball bat after text row
- 13:04 Teenager speaks of 'living nightmare' after being shot in the head...
- 13:04 COLUMN: Sincere thanks to marathon runners
- 13:04 Caring duo ran to raise charity cash
- 13:03 Training begins for rugby union women’s team