Egypt arrests owner, crew of shipwrecked migrant boat
Egyptian authorities have arrested the owner and crew members of a boat that sank last week carrying hundreds of migrants, the security chief of Beheira province was quoted as saying by state media on Wednesday.
The boat capsized off the Mediterranean coast on Sept. 21. Rescue workers and fishermen said they had rescued at least 169 people, but at least 202 people died and uncertainty remains over how many might still be missing.
"Security services were able to arrest 15 people, who are crew members, brokers, who were involved in the accident that killed 202 people until now,"... read more
- 16:43 Police crime reporting scandal as 170,000 calls to 101 go unanswered
- 16:41 Injured Tamworth policeman is back home
- 16:41 Prolific thief handed lengthy shops ban in Cumbria crackdown
- 16:39 EDF says will work fast to restart reactors after watchdog's...
- 16:39 Passenger buses in Leicester had to be diverted - because of parked...
- 16:36 Hughie Fury reveals February fight date with WBC heavyweight...
- 16:35 Police hunt driver of car who flees crash at Wortley Hotel
- 16:34 Stunning images taken by Lincolnshire Live followers
- 16:32 Supermarket recalls steak over allergy fears
- 16:30 Burnley Council director leaves post
- 16:28 WEATHER WARNING: Severe fog
- 16:27 Leicester woman's AMAZING transformation after losing more than...
- 16:26 Scouts deliver Christmas greetings
- 16:25 FINRA fines Credit Suisse over anti-money laundering policies
- 16:25 Council cautious on Marks and Spencer return to Morecambe
- 16:24 Gambia court frees prominent lawyer, 18 others jailed for protest
- 16:23 Last day to pledge! £84,000 raised so far for world’s first David...
- 16:23 Supermarket recalls steak over allergy fears
- 16:23 Father releases heartbreaking picture of son wiped out...
- 16:22 When Nottingham Forest legend Brian Clough played for Burton Albion...
- 16:22 Crowds flock to Clitheroe Christmas Festival
- 16:21 Supermarket recalls steak over allergy fears
- 16:21 Government urges Supreme Court to overturn Brexit ruling
- 16:21 List of 37 most virulent viruses drawn up
- 16:21 Appeal to reunite owner with Maudes Jewellers gift
- 16:21 Preston-based Lantei Compliance Services expands its team
- 16:20 Carlisle 'cash for crash' mastermind back in the dock - for...
- 16:20 Fiver campaigner seeks Bank of England meeting
- 16:19 Olympic stars among those handed honorary degrees
- 16:18 Fashion giant TK Maxx reveals opening date for new Longton store