News from Editorial
Aslef vote puts brakes on railway’s plans for driver-only trains DRIVERS on Britain’s worst-performing railway sensationally rejected a deal with bosses over driver-only operation yesterday. In talks brokered by the TUC last month, negotiators for driver
All four children’s commissioners voice fury ALL four children’s commissioners in Britain wrote to the government yesterday to express “deep concern” over its U-turn on bringing lone child refugees to the country. The government unexpectedly announced la
Deadly consequence of Tories’ cuts revealed TENS of thousands of people may have died because of NHS and social care cuts, according to an explosive report published today. Its authors warn that, without “urgent intervention” by the government, more deat
Trump warned against policy reversal THE United Nations and the Arab League restated their commitment to a Palestinian state yesterday after US President Donald Trump suggested a one-state solution to the Israeli-Arab conflict. After a meeting in Cairo,
WORKERS at Boeing’s South Carolina plant rejected union representation on Wednesday after a massive propoganda campaign by the firm. The staff at the factory, which makes the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, voted against membership of the International Associatio
RUSSIAN President Vladimir Putin hit back at Nato’s sabre-rattling yesterday and accused the alliance of “constantly trying to drag us into a confrontation.” Addressing senior officers of the FSB intelligence service in Brussels Mr Putin said the threat
THE decision by Aslef members to reject a proposed resolution to the dispute with Southern Railways illustrates deep concern over Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) management’s motives and trustworthiness. Aslef leaders were well aware before the ballot of
By Solomon Hughes BACK in January, I wrote a piece for the Morning Star arguing that Michael Gove’s bum-licky interview with newly elected US President Donald Trump was a gift from Murdoch, who wants to get in with the Donald. I don’t write the headlines
Sajid Javid was right, the housing market is broken. But Tory plans will ensure it stays broken and supply lucrative second jobs for Tory MPs, writes SOLOMON HUGHES Communities Secretary Sajid Javid admitted this month that “the housing market is broken.
A Ugandan refugee and gang rape victim, Erioth Mwesigwa escaped to Britain. But the government locked her up in Yarl’s Wood. Elizabeth Tswana and Anna Cross tell her harrowing story WE ARE the All African Women’s Group, a self-help group of women seeking
Dylan Hartley’s chances of leading the British and Irish Lions this summer have “gone backwards” with Alun Wyn Jones likely to captain the tourists, former Lions skipper Gavin Hastings said yesterday. Hastings, who led the Lions on their 1993 tour of New
Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers expressed his sadness yesterday at the departure of Mark Warburton from Rangers. The Ibrox club — 27 points behind the Premiership leaders after coming up from the Championship — announced last Friday night that they had accep
Leeds co-owner Massimo Cellino’s Football Association ban was suspended yesterday pending an appeal. Cellino was due to begin a 12-month suspension tomorrow after the FA found him guilty of breaking its agency regulations in relation to the 2014 sale of
Eight Oscar nominations for compelling drama are well-deserved, says MARIA DUARTE Moonlight (15) Directed by Barry Jenkins 4/5 With eight Oscar nominations this intimate and compelling study of a young black man’s struggle to find himself and grapple wit
Judge asked to act after police shredded documents A JUDGE tasked with probing decades of undercover police abuses must call an immediate hearing to investigate the destruction of police files, trade union leaders demanded yesterday. The Metropolitan Pol
- 17:00 Shaw absent from Manchester United FC squad along with Rooney and...
- 17:00 ITV announcer calls Emmerdale’s Aaron and Robert ‘Aaron and...
- 16:58 Ben Stokes gets full IPL clearance as England allow the all-rounder...
- 16:58 Floyd Mayweather Sr mocks UFC star Conor McGregor: 'I would beat...
- 16:58 Muslim teacher denied entry to US 'not given reason'
- 16:58 Scotland prop Gordon Reid urges his team to stand up against Wales'...
- 16:56 Vile Doncaster paedophile jailed for raping young teenager who fell...
- 16:56 Princess Anne supports Rainbow House
- 16:56 Walton raises the roof for St Barnabas Grantham Hospice
- 16:55 Sutton goalkeeper Wayne Shaw 'in tears' after resigning following...
- 16:55 Walkers in onesies rescue man from river at 2.30 in the MORNING
- 16:55 Family secrets of York’s disgraced Railway King
- 16:55 Coventry City going to Wembley: Calm restored at Butts Park Arena
- 16:53 Car on fire after crash with lorry on M40 near Warwick services
- 16:53 Former head teacher charged with sexual offences against adults
- 16:53 Prestatyn grandfather stepped in front of train to end torture of...
- 16:53 Take part in charity Swimathon at Melton Waterfield Leisure Centre
- 16:52 Prince Harry draws crowds to Newcastle's Quayside on whirlwind visit
- 16:52 Bridgen calls for Trump apology from House of Commons speaker John...
- 16:52 Was James Bond caught parking illegally in Leicester?
- 16:52 Liverpool plot shock move for £18m West Ham star: Jurgen Klopp has...
- 16:52 MP’s support for councillor
- 16:52 A secret floor, a chauffeur-driven Tesla and exclusive ocean views:...
- 16:52 Tourist in Thailand faces up to a year in prison for 'feeding...
- 16:52 Xbox Scorpio NEWS: Microsoft makes plans for FLASHY new dashboard
- 16:52 Wheel-y neat: Tube-style map reveals how London's web of cycle...
- 16:52 Deadpool 2 news: Rumoured Domino star Kerry Washington RESPONDS to...
- 16:52 You can marry a dog in India and identify as a dragon in Russia:...
- 16:51 Three-car crash causes delays on the A52
- 16:51 Renault unveil 2017 F1 car for the new season that Britain's Jolyon...