EDF board confirms approval for Hinkley Point investment decision - sources
The board of French state-controlled utility EDF (EDF.PA) on Tuesday confirmed its approval to go ahead with the Hinkley Point nuclear project in Britain, two sources familiar with the situation told Reuters.
One source said the board approved the 18 billion pound ($23.43 billion) project with a 10 to 7 majority, the same as in July, when the board first approved it.
Management had submitted the project to a vote again after the British government earlier this month imposed limits on EDF's right to sell its stake in the project.
(Reporting by Geert De Clercq; editing by Michel Rose)
- 07:44 Motorway sliproad closed at Carlisle following crash
- 07:43 Xiao Long Bao: Foodies fume over 'exploding soup dumplings'
- 07:43 Nintendo’s latest console launch helps Game Digital
- 07:42 Swarkestone Road open, Derby news now, traffic updates for A50, A38...
- 07:42 Miami Open 2017 results: Rafael Nadal sets up Fabio Fognini...
- 07:41 RISE AND SHINE: Start the day with our live breakfast feed
- 07:41 Reese’s is now doing a peanut butter creme egg
- 07:39 Genel deepens annual loss after reserves downgrade
- 07:38 Commuters set to face 18 MONTHS of traffic chaos on M1 from today
- 07:38 Questions over Preston nuclear jobs future as Westinghouse files...
- 07:36 Chesterfield Royal Hospital's new cancer centre to open this summer
- 07:36 Search for missing helicopter with 5 on board resumes after...
- 07:36 Vote in county elections
- 07:35 Police issue warning over thieves targeting vans
- 07:34 Drivers could face £70 fine for parking on pavements
- 07:34 Takeaway shop on fire
- 07:34 £156m Man Utd striker swoops, major Chelsea dispute, Arsenal...
- 07:33 North Kirklees weekend entertainment listings
- 07:33 Cold callers, self-service checkouts and hand-wash only clothes -...
- 07:32 Toshiba's nuclear woes a hot ticket for bankruptcy financiers
- 07:32 TV, stage and film stars revealed for 2017 Festival No.6 lineup
- 07:32 West Brom news digest: Roy's boys; Foster's goodwill; Jose's...
- 07:32 Aston Villa news digest: Bruce's best player (it's a Blues man);...
- 07:32 Insurer Lloyd's of London confirms new Brussels base
- 07:32 Birmingham City news digest: Fabbrini on leaving; value of St...
- 07:32 Nikkei falls on pause in weak yen trend; chip-equipment makers firm
- 07:31 North Korea ‘could kill 90 per cent of Americans’ US intelligence...
- 07:31 BREAKING: Bomb squad seal off Malmo street over grenade fears
- 07:27 H&M Q1 profit tops forecast, to launch new brand in H2
- 07:27 Man shares multiple engagement photos to prove we don’t pay...