Eddie Hearn optimistic about Anthony Joshua-Wladimir Klitschko showdown
Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn is confident a blockbuster clash between Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko can take place before the end of the year.
Joshua is currently pencilled in for a mandatory defence of his IBF heavyweight belt on November 26 while Klitschko is looking for an opponent after his rematch with Tyson Fury, scheduled for later this month, was cancelled for a second time owing to the Briton being "medically unfit".
The fight could also be for the WBA and WBO belt if Fury is stripped of them and Hearn says both fighters want the bout to go ahead.
"I am... read more
- 11:49 UK and industrials prominent in Goldman strategists' M&A target...
- 11:49 'She was beautiful inside and out': Devastated family's tribute to...
- 11:49 Play areas across borough to be improved
- 11:48 Swansea target Erwin Mulder on free transfer from Heerenveen as...
- 11:48 Firm hires designer who decorated Prince William’s wedding car
- 11:48 South Ribble MP appointed as Theresa May's aid
- 11:48 Week In Court
- 11:47 Vehicle aquaplanes into trees after leaving Sunderland road
- 11:47 BREAKING: Bomb alert outside McDonald's as gas bottle with igniter...
- 11:46 Fire crews battle commercial blaze
- 11:45 Sewing the Seeds of a Creative South Tyneside business
- 11:45 Khabib Nurmagomedov eyeing spot on UFC 217 card, still wants to...
- 11:45 Coventry City confirm Academy staying put for another season
- 11:44 Muslim festival of Eid prompts sales alert at JD Sports
- 11:44 This 1956 Aston Martin DBR1 could become the most expensive British...
- 11:44 Man sought in relation to Liverpool murder could be in Wrexham
- 11:44 NHS comments after Derbyshire doctor takes her own life
- 11:42 Big Brother star Chanelle McCleary flashes BOTTOM in miniskirt...
- 11:41 Future looks healthy for Boldon’s Opus Medigas
- 11:41 Adolf Hitler is not a 128-year-old man living in Argentina
- 11:41 14 reasons Stoke-on-Trent is a great place to live
- 11:40 Abortion reform matter for Stormont, court rules
- 11:40 Armed police with 'masks and machine guns' swarm on Coventry address
- 11:39 Graduating pays off: Scottish Government
- 11:39 South Yorkshire trainee assistant practitioners making an impact
- 11:39 Smoking -related deaths in Warwickshire fall following ban on...
- 11:39 Borini joins Faubert and Bendtner among the weirdest transfers...
- 11:38 Grenfell Tower hero who tried to help people on top floor found...
- 11:38 Malawi and Unicef launch drone air corridor
- 11:38 Grenfell Tower survivors shut out of council meeting 'over protest...