ECHO #iwill campaign: Girlguiding group's bid to improve our schools
Members of Girlguiding’s 206th Liverpool Senior Section showed real campaigning spirit when they wrote to their local MP, West Derby member Stephen Twigg, in a bid to improve the education system.
Their actions were a brilliant example of what the ECHO is trying to achieve with its #iwill campaign.
In their letter to Mr Twigg, also the chairman of Liverpool Challenge (an initiative to improve educational attainment in Liverpool), the girls outlined their concerns that the current education system is too results-driven.
They called for smaller class sizes, more work experience opportunities... read more
- 10:01 Bottles of water given to villagers hit by a burst main near Market...
- 10:01 Fewer EU nationals apply to study in Britain after Brexit vote
- 10:01 Turkey orders detention of dozens of pilots in coup investigation -...
- 09:59 Upset thief stole wine after death of friend
- 09:58 Children 'forced to sleep by roadside' after Calais Jungle...
- 09:58 FOOTBALL RUMOURS: Blanc wants United job, Allardyce for Wolves?...
- 09:57 Pensioner slasher back behind bars after going on run from jail
- 09:57 All you need to know about the new Royal Bank of Scotland £5 note
- 09:55 Demand for fibre helps BT meet forecasts, pension deficit widens
- 09:55 England beat USA to host rugby league World Cup in 2021
- 09:55 Manny Pacquiao steps up workout ahead of boxing return as...
- 09:55 Eurowings cancels hundreds of flights amid cabin crew strike
- 09:55 Leeds to lose star man in summer: Leicester scouted him in EFL Cup win
- 09:55 UK economic growth slows to 0.5% in third quarter
- 09:54 Final council votes in favour of Lincolnshire devolution
- 09:53 Cumbria warned to prepare for icy winter weather from next month
- 09:52 Gin prices will increase to painful levels if inflation rises 3%
- 09:50 Waiter knocks thumb off Roman sculpture at British Museum
- 09:50 Man charged with firearms offence after special police operation in...
- 09:50 The Great British Bake Off reaches record audience
- 09:50 WATCH: Erosion has led to fish-pass problems
- 09:50 Bamburgh WI, Meeting
- 09:49 India detains Pakistani diplomat at Delhi Zoo for 'spying'
- 09:49 Support for South Korea's Park slides to all-time low amid crisis...
- 09:49 More shops opening in Leicester than closing down
- 09:49 Brexit fails to knock Shoe Zone
- 09:48 East Midlands Airport flights could be hit by strikes today
- 09:48 Chemistry department rebirth is now completed
- 09:46 Russia tests prototype nuclear warhead for Satan II which could...
- 09:46 The UK economy has grown since Brexit