Ebola scare nurse Pauline Cafferkey to spend second day in hospital
Scottish nurse Pauline Cafferkey, who was rushed to hospital for a fourth time since her return from Africa, is to remain in hospital for a second day.
Ms Cafferkey was taken to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Glasgow under police escort on Thursday morning where she underwent tests by the infectious diseases team.
On Thursday evening NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGGC) released a statement saying tests for the Ebola virus were negative and she remained in a stable condition.
The statement said: "Pauline Cafferkey was admitted to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital... read more
- 15:50 Battle of Britain Memorial centre faces funding change
- 15:50 Countdown to Horncastle Christmas Tree Festival
- 15:50 Readers’ letters
- 15:49 Missing Notts girl, 14, may be in Derbyshire
- 15:49 Air Ambulance scrambled to Alfreton ladder fall
- 15:49 Diana's stepmother Raine Spencer dies aged 87
- 15:48 Man was so high on drugs he could hardly remember his destructive...
- 15:47 Parks across Harrogate district up for national award
- 15:47 Church celebrates 50th anniversary
- 15:47 Northamptonshire gets share of 1,000 new 'nursing associates' being...
- 15:47 World stage for Spalding human rights defender’s cause
- 15:47 Councillor supports theatre group
- 15:46 Sunderland World War Two evacuee gives children a lesson in wartime...
- 15:46 Scream if you want to go faster... it’s the St Crispin Street Fair
- 15:46 Pontoon plan to revive Stirling’s harbour link to the Forth
- 15:46 Diego Costa vs Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Battle of the Premier...
- 15:45 Chelsea Team News: Antonio Conte to make late call over star duo...
- 15:45 Diana's stepmother Raine Spencer dies aged 87
- 15:44 Rangers and Celtic fans clash over semi final but agree on one...
- 15:44 Manchester United winger Lingard reveals area he can improve
- 15:43 Revealed: Which area of South Tyneside is the borough's fast food...
- 15:43 Man dies from injuries sustained in car crash at Corby Glen
- 15:43 Teaching assistants vote to strike
- 15:42 Nissan set to decide whether Sunderland plant will build new Qashqai
- 15:42 Man who raped his daughter jailed for just 60 days
- 15:42 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola insists 'it will be Sergio...
- 15:42 Annual prizegivings at Spalding High School
- 15:41 Services restored after cyber attack hits websites including...
- 15:41 Chester students revel in fun Grosvenor Shopping Centre event
- 15:41 Papal summer residence, shunned by Francis, opened to public