Ebola nurse Pauline Cafferkey to remain in hospital for second day
SCOTTISH nurse Pauline Cafferkey, who was rushed to hospital for a fourth time since her return from Africa, is to remain in hospital for a second day.
Ms Cafferkey was taken to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Glasgow under police escort on Thursday morning where she underwent tests by the infectious diseases team.
On Thursday evening NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGGC) released a statement saying tests for the Ebola virus were negative and she remained in a stable condition.
Ebola nurse Pauline Cafferkey rushed to hospital under police escort
The statement said: "Pauline... read more
- 13:41 SSE fearful of lower annual profits than expected as customers gear...
- 13:40 Film review: Ghost in the Shell
- 13:39 ‘Railway history’ to be made as station reopens after 50 years
- 13:39 Army reservist qualifies as elite fitness instructor
- 13:39 CCTV APPEAL: Assault at McDonalds in Blackpool
- 13:39 India privately took Amazon to task over insulting flag doormat
- 13:38 GLOBAL MARKETS-Euro dips as price data further dampens ECB hike bets
- 13:38 American Airlines passenger jet pilot dies on final approach
- 13:36 'It was love at first sight'
- 13:36 Royal Bank of Scotland names Helen Cook as HR chief
- 13:36 Canal trust looking for new volunteers
- 13:35 LSE launches 200 million pound share buyback
- 13:35 Transfer News: Man United back after Bale, Chelsea agree fee,...
- 13:35 Chelsea to hold summer talks with lethal striker after he sparked...
- 13:35 Expected Liverpool XI: Who makes Klopp’s 4-3-3 for Everton game...
- 13:35 Manchester United offer contract to Napoli forward Dries Mertens
- 13:35 Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann greeted by David de Gea
- 13:35 Gabriel Jesus potential return date as Man City player begins final...
- 13:34 Pregnant Amy Childs passionately defends herself after she’s...
- 13:34 The toddler who has baffled doctors: Two-year-old's 'hot and angry'...
- 13:34 Kim Jong-nam's body to be released to North Korea
- 13:34 Teacher denies PC after docking student mark for using non-gender...
- 13:34 CYCLONE DEBBIE: Deadly BULL SHARK found 12 miles inland in small...
- 13:32 Italian police arrest pro-Islamic State trio over suspected Venice...
- 13:32 Netanyahu set to approve first West Bank settlement for 20 years
- 13:32 Syrian rebels seize swathes of south as Islamic State retreats
- 13:32 ‘Super-fit’ gran develops life-threatening diabetes through love of...
- 13:32 Statins breakthrough: Cholesterol-lowering drugs 'could combat deep...
- 13:32 We need your nominations
- 13:32 Harry Potter festival plans 'blown out the water'