Eating a sweet treat three times a week could reduce your risk of stroke, finds new study - but it has to be a particular type
Eating a small amount of chocolate may decrease your risk of a serious type of irregular heartbeat, according to a new study.
People who ate the sweet treat several times a week were less likely to be diagnosed with atrial fibrillation (AF) – a common condition linked to increased risk of stroke.
Those who consumed two to six servings per week had a 20 percent reduced chance compared to those who ate it less than once a month.
So far, there has only limited research on the association between consuming chocolate and abnormal heart rhythm, which affects 33·5 million people worldwide.
It is... read more
- 06:24 Harvey Weinstein scandal gives women courage to speak out
- 06:24 Ronnie O'Sullivan is good sport as fan storms snooker game and...
- 06:23 £3m rent arrears fears in South Tyneside
- 06:23 Councillors set for a battle against boundary changes
- 06:23 South Shields MP calls for rethink on Universal Credit roll-out
- 06:22 Guest column: The poor will suffer most if we don’t get a Brexit deal
- 06:21 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:21 Aston Villa news digest: Academy graduate back to prove a point;...
- 06:21 West Brom digest; Goalkeeper worries; Arsenal and Man United games...
- 06:21 Birmingham City news digest: Cotterill's emotional bond; injury...
- 06:21 The cost of dropping rubbish in Blackpool reaches £48k
- 06:21 Leeds police chase crash driver jailed
- 06:20 Barcelona news: Kylian Mbappe deal was DONE… but they chose Ousmane...
- 06:19 Devastated family want to prevent other young deaths
- 06:19 Rattling good fun heading to Hartlepool at prestige model rail show
- 06:19 Residents welcome new patio garden at Hartlepool retirement village
- 06:19 Tees Valley caution over recruiting more workers
- 06:19 Craig Harrison offers Hartlepool United injury update on Liam...
- 06:19 Hartlepool MP tells Parliament benefit reform is leaving people...
- 06:19 ‘Bin raiding’ incidents raise concern about identity theft risk in...
- 06:19 Thug jailed for assaulting girlfriend and her neighbour
- 06:19 Fans and club honour player
- 06:18 Extra cash donated to fund more CCTV
- 06:18 Upskilling the young for sustainable future
- 06:18 Olivier Giroud admits he got lucky with his wonder goal in...
- 06:18 Well-respected saddler Les continued fine family name
- 06:17 Banbury kitchen and bathroom firm launches new showroom
- 06:16 Pupil’s pink fundraiser tops £1,000 for Wellingborough breast...
- 06:16 Robberies rise by a shocking 43 per cent in Northamptonshire -...
- 06:16 EXCLUSIVE: Auditors given green light to resume second Sixfields...