Eat sandwich chain set to close stores as rivals bite
Sandwich chain Eat is understood to be mulling potential store closures as it explores ways to shore up the business in the face of biting high street pressures.
The group has drafted in professional services firm KPMG to help with a possible restructuring, according to Sky News, with a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) reported to be among the options.
A CVA allows firms to take the pressure off their creaking finances by closing loss-making outlets and securing deep discounts on rental costs.
It was recently used by burger chain Byron, which is pushing through around 20 store closures,... read more
- 18:10 'Disgraceful' South Yorkshire man jailed for string of historic sex...
- 18:09 All Together Cumbria launched to tackle skills shortages
- 18:08 Adams' resolve, Roberts' confidence, blunting the Blades - every...
- 18:08 Fans spot who is missing from Liverpool new kit launch - and are...
- 18:08 The Burton restaurants and takeaways rated zero or one star for...
- 18:08 'Disgraceful' South Yorkshire man jailed for string of historic sex...
- 18:07 Where do we go from here?
- 18:06 People are using dead hummingbirds smothered in honey as ‘love charms’
- 18:06 Doctors use condom to remove plastic swallowed by toddler
- 18:06 All Together Cumbria launched to tackle skills shortages
- 18:06 Man punched several times after he's found in ex-girlfriend's flat
- 18:04 Why Leicester cinema is telling viewers not to bring food to film...
- 18:04 Man, 21, caught with bag of cash and drugs in Melton sentenced
- 18:03 PICTURE GALLERY: Ten of the best pub gardens in and around Banbury
- 18:01 Runners brave the chill for the ‘world’s coldest marathon’
- 18:01 Tribe of ‘fish people’ evolved huge spleens so they can dive to the...
- 18:01 Everton boss Sam Allardyce wishes former player Joey Barton luck...
- 18:01 Man Utd hero claims he was ‘depressed’ when playing for England
- 18:01 Watch as real life Grand Theft Auto goes terribly wrong for one thug
- 18:00 Amir Khan taking inspiration from boxing superstar Anthony Joshua...
- 17:59 Delays after crash on A19
- 17:57 House of Fraser's troubles deepen as advisers called in over...
- 17:57 Pictured: Former inmate wanted for recall to prison after breaching...
- 17:55 Ruth Davidson named in Time list of 100 most influential people
- 17:54 Grenfell firefighters vow to run marathon in full gear despite...
- 17:52 No charges over Prince drug death
- 17:52 Video of Iran 'morality police' wrestling with woman sparks outrage
- 17:52 Stephen Lawrence: timeline of key events
- 17:52 House of Fraser calls in KPMG to draw up turnaround plan
- 17:51 Manchester United’s Michael Carrick says depression led to England...