Easyjet warns of £90m currency hit
Easyjet has warned that the weakened pound will cost it £90m in its current financial year.
That is more than double its original estimate made in July, when it warned of a £40m hit.
Jet fuel is priced in dollars, so the falling pound has made it more expensive for Easyjet to run its aircraft.
Easyjet expects a profit of between $490m and £495m for its financial year, which ends on 30 September.
That would be down 28% on the £686m annual profit it made in 2015.
"The current environment is tough for all airlines, but history shows that at times like this, the strongest airlines become... read more
- 08:17 Who is standing for election in Retford East division?
- 08:17 Who is standing for election in Retford West division?
- 08:17 Readers support taxi drivers over disabled parking row
- 08:17 You can now jazz up your pre-drinks by turning your prosecco rose...
- 08:15 St Helens teen goes from shop floor to starring role in TV advert
- 08:15 This week’s debate: Does Sheffield need to become more of a...
- 08:14 How Man City could line up vs Manchester United
- 08:14 Manchester United line up vs Man City could include Henrikh...
- 08:14 International striker: I want to play at Newcastle next season
- 08:13 That Thing You Do reunion: THIS is what the movie’s band The...
- 08:12 Triple whammy of woe for drivers in Telford, Shrewsbury and Chirk
- 08:12 Six weeks of gas pipe work hold-ups near Oswestry
- 08:12 Pre-general election PMQ's: Waspi, waspish or was it just waffle?
- 08:12 Telford man, 19, in court over iron bar attack
- 08:12 Ellesmere man denies four sex assaults at army training camp
- 08:12 Shropshire motorists facing misery over major road closures
- 08:12 Asian shares pull back from highs on doubts over Trump's tax plan
- 08:12 Packed programme of events has been announced for South...
- 08:11 Arriva Rail North workers to strike but what Calderdale routes will...
- 08:11 North East MP who battled cancer returns to the Commons to take on...
- 08:11 This is the moment murderer Trimaan Dhillon calmly drives off in...
- 08:11 These teens robbed a boy by holding a knife to his throat at a...
- 08:09 Empty home in Anstey targeted in arson attack
- 08:09 Prolific thief jailed after stealing valuables worth thousands in...
- 08:09 Pound Live: sterling rallies as Macron surge abates amid Juncker's...
- 08:08 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 08:08 Masked armed thug struck elderly man
- 08:08 Pervert jailed after sexual assaults
- 08:08 Bradley Lowery in hospital with doctors fearing the disease is...
- 08:07 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 27