Easyjet warns of £90m currency hit
Easyjet has warned that the weakened pound will cost it £90m in its current financial year.
That is more than double its original estimate made in July, when it warned of a £40m hit.
Jet fuel is priced in dollars, so the falling pound has made it more expensive for Easyjet to run its aircraft.
Easyjet expects a profit of between $490m and £495m for its financial year, which ends on 30 September.
That would be down 28% on the £686m annual profit it made in 2015.
"The current environment is tough for all airlines, but history shows that at times like this, the strongest airlines become... read more
- 15:24 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down
- 15:24 VIDEO & PICTURES: Tideswell Wakes parade ‘one of the biggest in years’
- 15:23 Scooter rider suffers serious injuries after hitting standing water
- 15:23 Women's tennis matches being limited to three sets is 'outdated and...
- 15:23 Stephen Hough DNA link to Janet Commins billion times more likely...
- 15:22 Little girl has hair that’s impossible to tame thanks to her...
- 15:22 Barnsley's Marc Roberts: Boss provides an update on Birmingham City...
- 15:22 Real Madrid still keen on Eden Hazard: Chelsea man wanted along...
- 15:22 Nigel Benn, 53, announces sensational boxing comeback as he SMASHES...
- 15:21 Coventry PR firm Advent Communications appoints new director
- 15:21 Police investigate damage at car showroom in York
- 15:20 29% of graduates take 'non-professional' jobs, figures show
- 15:20 A month of extremes but town rallies
- 15:19 Fake penis woman Gayle Newland guilty again following retrial
- 15:17 Rome to turn OFF traditional water fountains as Italy prepares for...
- 15:17 BREAKING: One killed after shooting at bar - police warn of active...
- 15:16 Tesco, Sainsbury's and the Co-op appeal tax on cash machines that...
- 15:15 Andy Murray uncovered: Why the Wimbledon champion NEVER chokes in...
- 15:15 Robert Pires tells Arsene Wenger: Sign Sanchez and Ozil… and buy...
- 15:15 Women's tennis matches being limited to three sets is 'outdated and...
- 15:15 29% of graduates take 'non-professional' jobs, figures show
- 15:15 MP backs fight to preserve greenfield site
- 15:14 Cyclist raises more than £1,100 for Corby hospice in memory of his dad
- 15:14 How Gayle Newland spent years tricking women into online relationships
- 15:14 Leeds United and cycle gear frim to raise funds for flood hit...
- 15:14 Do you know how to protect your child on the internet?
- 15:14 Concerns raised over travellers moving into Derbyshire
- 15:13 Health fears over concrete plant at Gonerby Moor
- 15:13 Grantham Hospital: Funding found for permanent discharge lounge
- 15:13 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down