EastEnders star planned to leave partner who murdered her and two young sons
Arthur Simpson Kent killed Sian Blake, 43, and their sons, Zachary, eight, and four-year-old Amon, before burying their bodies in the garden of their home.
The Old Bailey was told that Ms Blake, the family's main breadwinner, had recently been diagnosed with terminal motor neurone disease and that, along with their "unhealthy" relationship, led her to consider selling their home and moving back in with her close family.
The court heard that Ms Blake's condition had weakened her arms and hands to the extent that she would not have been able to fight off an attacker.
Cannabis dealer... read more
- 11:41 Eight-year-old’s love for Ariana Grande could have saved her from...
- 11:41 Eddie Jones picks eight uncapped players for Barbarians as George...
- 11:41 Ajax's attacking talent flopped in Europa League final, but young...
- 11:41 UPDATED: Possible suspicious package in Manchester deemed safe
- 11:41 Antonio Valencia is Manchester United's unsung hero and lauded by...
- 11:41 Liverpool fans set up petition to remove Michael Owen as club...
- 11:39 WIN tickets to see Elbow at Forest Live
- 11:39 Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Manchester United intend to do this after...
- 11:39 Ander Herrera to Barcelona: Ernesto Valverde's line-up next season...
- 11:39 Bomb squad called to incident in Hulme
- 11:38 Housing market moving sideways, lenders say
- 11:38 David Silva pictured wearing Man City's new kit
- 11:38 Ansell offloads condom division for $600m
- 11:37 New Warwick mayor follows wife’s footsteps in new role
- 11:37 Indy 500: How to watch Fernando Alonso in action on TV and live stream
- 11:37 BREAKING: Army and bomb disposal team called to incident in Manchester
- 11:37 Wicked: Over The Rainbow finalist Sophie Evans cast as Glinda the...
- 11:37 Where is Phillip Schofield? This Morning viewers left confused as...
- 11:37 University pays tribute to 'well-liked' student Liam Curry after...
- 11:36 Laura keen to end season on a high
- 11:36 Revealed: The one shop our readers want to open in Leicester
- 11:36 You can help put Scotland’s core paths on the map
- 11:34 Manchester terror attack: Chorley travel agents “went the extra mile”
- 11:34 Tories stay silent over leader election
- 11:34 Travellers given until 10am tomorrow to move off Northampton park
- 11:34 BREAKING: Army and bomb disposal team called to incident in Manchester
- 11:34 RECRUITMENT: Jobs fair for Rushden Lakes tomorrow
- 11:34 Lancaster and Morecambe tattoo parlours donating cash from...
- 11:34 Greyhound Derby: world’s richest dog race comes to Towcester
- 11:34 Guide to the many times that the Queen has visited the Burton and...