East Midlands ambulance patients have waited seven years to get into hospital
East Midlands Ambulance Service patients spent a total of at least seven-and-a-half years waiting in the back of ambulances for hospital treatment last year, new figures have revealed.
From April 2015 to March 2016, 98,504 patients had to wait 30 minutes or more to be handed from paramedics to A&E staff, with a further 18,782 waiting 60 minutes or more.
Paramedics are required to wait with their patients before they are seen by clinical staff so notes and observations can be handed over face-to-face.
In total, the amount of time EMAS patients had to wait to be transferred from an... read more
- 10:51 Bus fire in Mablethorpe
- 10:51 ‘Tour of the Wolds’ will bring thousands to Louth
- 10:50 What do your colour choices say about YOUR personality? Clever test...
- 10:50 UFO hunter demands a 'scientific inquiry' into police footage of a...
- 10:50 Drink-driver crashed into car with baby
- 10:50 Police investigate shooting near Glasgow primary school
- 10:49 Pets suffer ‘Blue Monday’ today too ... or do they?
- 10:50 Leeds trolleybus inquiry hears of “lessons learned” and how past...
- 10:49 Burglars smash into Sheffield community building and steal charity...
- 10:49 West Brom and Liverpool call on Fifa to help fight Cameroon battle
- 10:49 Go-getting South Yorkshire grandad hands over £30,000 to special...
- 10:49 Aston Villa and Jordan Rhodes: Latest on Middlesbrough striker's...
- 10:49 Independent Sheffield girls school rated 'inadequate' by inspectors
- 10:49 Championship gossip: Former Wolves and Aston Villa striker Robbie...
- 10:49 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:49 Seven ways to cut your tax bill and save you hundreds of pounds
- 10:49 Manchester clubs were supposed to do battle for the Premier League...
- 10:49 Birmingham City trial Stourbridge defender Dan Scarr
- 10:49 Tunisia massacre: Inquest into Sousse beach tragedy to start today
- 10:49 A self-supporting city street
- 10:48 Lance Stroll must NOT copy this current F1 driver, claims Jacques...
- 10:48 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:47 Flashing UFO appears near Space Station – but astronaut ‘covers it...
- 10:47 REVEALED: Which workers are most likely to drink or drug-drive
- 10:47 From a milkman on skis to sledding nuns: Stunning vintage photos of...
- 10:47 Reports of shooting near Primary School in Glasgow during morning...
- 10:46 Woman taken to hospital after vehicle smashes into post near Doncaster
- 10:46 West Keal incident leaves horse rider with serious injury
- 10:46 SPEED CAMERAS: Latest hot spot locations
- 10:46 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash