East Midlands ambulance patients have waited five years to get into hospital
East Midlands Ambulance Service patients spent a total of at least five-and-a-half years waiting in the back of ambulances for hospital treatment last year, new figures have revealed.
From April 2015 to March 2016, 98,504 patients had to wait 30 minutes or more to be handed from paramedics to A&E staff, with 18,782 of those waiting 60 minutes or more.
Paramedics are required to wait with their patients before they are seen by clinical staff so notes and observations can be handed over face-to-face.
In total, the amount of time EMAS patients had to wait to be transferred from an... read more
- 11:57 Manchester United player Henrikh Mkhitaryan was humiliated by Jose...
- 11:56 Former Chancellor Kenneth Clarke MP gives his views to the Herald
- 11:56 Housing and jobs bonanza for Wigan
- 11:56 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...
- 11:55 Calls to save a once-bustling Worksop street that has fallen off...
- 11:55 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...
- 11:55 Controversial homes approved
- 11:55 Pensioners can boost their brain power 'by building up their muscle...
- 11:55 When do you start wearing a poppy? Poppy etiquette on Remembrance Day
- 11:55 Acklington WI, Meeting
- 11:54 Sunderland need to show greater resilience in survival fight says...
- 11:54 Swedish central bank holds policy, primes guns for December action
- 11:54 Software company Misys joins list of UK firms to ditch flotation plans
- 11:53 Leeds defender attracting interest from Leicester - reports
- 11:53 Fifty Shades of Grey art exhibition coming to Harrogate
- 11:53 #ThrowbackThursday: Harrogate men prepare for battle in 1982
- 11:53 Man 'took knife from waistband and stabbed teenager in the heart',...
- 11:52 Introducing the 6p-a-minute cafe where coffee and food are included
- 11:52 'Every time I've left him out, he's just trained harder' - Lincoln...
- 11:52 Trick or treaters told to play safe this Halloween
- 11:51 Hard-hitting exhibition on child abuse goes on display at...
- 11:51 Sir Alex Ferguson names Manchester City as his Premier League...
- 11:50 Software company Misys joins list of UK firms to ditch flotation plans
- 11:50 LG Electronics says third-quarter profit down 3.7 percent vs. year...
- 11:50 Qualcomm to buy NXP Semiconductors for enterprise value of $47 billion
- 11:50 Iraqi army tries to reach site of IS executions south of Mosul
- 11:49 Smelly foreign ladybirds invade UK homes
- 11:49 Hartlepool community pays tribute to eight-year-old boy knocked...
- 11:49 Overwatch Sombra update: Reddit clues point to MASSIVE November ARG...
- 11:49 Fifty Shades of Grey art exhibition coming to Harrogate