East Lindsey named as a national hotspot for type 2 diabetes
East Lindsey has been named as a hotspot for type 2 diabetes and registered the second highest number of prescriptions.
It comes after prescriptions for type 2 diabetes in England have risen in the last five years by a third. According to NHS data prescriptions have risen from 26 million to 35 million in just one year.
The data shows that Lincolnshire's East Lindsey and London are hotspots for the disease, with the capital's borough on Newham having double the national average.
More: Everything you need to know ahead of Black Friday 2016
Diabetes UK claim that it's "a good sign"... read more
- 06:10 Windrush citizens trapped in Jamaica criticise British officials
- 06:10 Windrush scandal: 'You don't need that passport, they said'
- 06:08 Unai Emery will NEVER win Arsenal the Premier League claims former...
- 06:04 Champions League final: Liverpool's road to Kiev - who did they...
- 06:04 Champions League final: Salah given Ronaldo and Messi challenge by...
- 06:04 VIDEO: A masterclass in the art of the summer barbecue
- 06:03 NSPCC urges Northamptonshire families to give exam pupils ‘vital’...
- 05:58 Indigenous children's removal on the rise 21 years after Bringing...
- 05:57 DAVID WOODS COLUMN: Who calls shots at Arsenal? Chelsea star should...
- 05:57 World Cup 2018: England ace Fabian Delph clear to leave for birth...
- 05:56 ‘It’s worse than murder’: how rural America became a hospital desert
- 05:56 Close result expected in Ireland's abortion referendum
- 05:54 Westfield sold: Frank Lowy agrees to $33bn takeover deal
- 05:54 Woman awarded $151,000 after slipping on grape at Woolworths loses...
- 05:42 Wider lanes open on M60 ahead of bank holiday
- 05:40 Paris in flames as communards vanquished - archive 1871
- 05:24 Apple awarded $539m in US patent case against Samsung
- 05:23 European stage for Farne Salmon
- 05:20 Northamptonshire village's community spirit helps raise £10,000 in...
- 05:19 Police mugshot deletion scheme criticised for lack of transparency
- 05:12 ‘It’s worse than murder’: how rural America became a hospital desert
- 05:12 Close result expected in Ireland's abortion referendum
- 04:56 GDPR: EU data protection regulation comes into force
- 04:37 Champions League: Liverpool fans' Kiev flights cancelled
- 03:55 Bishop who lit up royal wedding tells Washington crowd: 'Love your...
- 03:13 Bunnings pulls out of Britain after $1bn-plus disaster
- 03:13 North Korea leaves door open for 'desperately necessary' Trump summit
- 03:07 Private meeting to go ahead in Northampton today to discuss crucial...
- 02:52 Kim Kardashian returns to blonde hair for her anniversary... as she...
- 02:52 Victoria Beckham reveals that she teaches her four children the...