East Asian actors seek RSC apology over Orphan of Zhao casting
The Orphan of Zhao … Members of the RSC company with the director Greg Doran. Photograph: Kwame Lestrade A group of east Asian actors is seeking an apology from the Royal Shakespeare Company for its controversial casting of The Orphan of Zhao.
Last week, the RSC faced criticism on Facebook over a 17-strong company featuring only three actors of east Asian heritage that will perform James Fenton's adaptation of a piece that is often referred to as the Chinese Hamlet from December.
However, the Stage reports that British Chinese actor Daniel York, the vice-chair of Equity's ethnic minority... read more
- 16:17 How to name an Eddie Stobart truck after someone you love this...
- 16:17 How safe is your car? Cars that did not get a five star rating...
- 16:17 US threatens to cut off all contact with Russia over Syria
- 16:16 As Islamic State loses ground, risk in U.S. rises - FBI official
- 16:15 Jose Aldo eyes UFC exit after Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor is...
- 16:15 Phil Mickelson: This Ryder Cup star will be key for America for...
- 16:15 Arsene Wenger for England? What the bookies are saying about...
- 16:15 Jose Mourinho makes big claim about Juan Mata: Manchester United...
- 16:14 Father of three pursuades teenager to send pictures of her breasts
- 16:14 Toddler's life support is turned off after he fell into a pond
- 16:14 'It was horrendous' - Eyewitnesses describe Tritton Road horror crash
- 16:13 New safeguards agreed for world's most trafficked mammal
- 16:12 Harborough fire station to get full time firefighters from today
- 16:11 Louis van Gaal's barmy training ground plan: Ex-Man United boss...
- 16:09 Gaza fishermen feel caught by Israel's tight security net
- 16:09 West Yorkshire Police records fall in domestic violence prosecutions
- 16:08 Aston Villa opinion: Why Roberto Di Matteo MUST be given more time
- 16:08 Stock Exchange merger plan being investigated
- 16:08 Castlegate Stockton: The jobs up for grabs at the shopping centre
- 16:07 Port Vale vs Burton reserves: LIVE: Latest score and updates
- 16:07 Brave Furness fundraisers jump to it for good causes
- 16:06 Inigo Idiakez has left Derby County, Derby Telegraph understands
- 16:06 LETTER: Game shows the unity that exists
- 16:06 Cyclist ‘killed pensioner in road rage row over one-way system’
- 16:05 LETTER: Game shows the unity that exists
- 16:05 Arsenal star pens emotional letter to former club ahead of...
- 16:05 Arsenal's list of injured stars and expected return dates: When is...
- 16:05 Coventry City give Coventry University students 500 free tickets...
- 16:04 Bulwell man tagged for threats
- 16:04 Drug farmer spared jail for grow in Bulwell