'Easier for inmates to get illegal drugs than clothes or sheets' in HMP Bedford
Inspectors found the availability of drugs, including those previously known as legal highs, was having a "serious impact" on safety at HMP Bedford.
A survey found the number of prisoners saying it was easy or very easy to get drugs had almost doubled since the last inspection of the jail in February 2014.
The number saying they had developed a drug problem while at the prison increased from 4% to 14%.
In a highly critical report setting out the findings of the latest inspection in May, Chief Inspector of Prisons Peter Clarke wrote: " The stark reality is that prisoners told... read more
- 15:41 Liverpool boss insists Philippe Coutinho is not for sale
- 15:41 Wimbledon match-fixing scandal: Tim Henman hints at LIFE BANS if...
- 15:41 Moving abroad: Five tips for feeling at home overseas
- 15:41 Sergio Aguero gives Phil Foden verdict after the teenager's...
- 15:40 Amazon spends $3.2million on lobbying Washington
- 15:38 Stingrays coaching pride
- 15:37 Mastercard £14bn 'overcharge' legal action fails
- 15:36 Barry Bennell sex abuse trial set for January
- 15:35 West Cumbrian band launch first album in 44 years
- 15:35 International street market starts in Workington
- 15:35 When was the first photo taken? And what was it of?
- 15:34 Antonio Conte: I told Diego Costa he could leave Chelsea in January
- 15:34 Arsenal offered Barcelona midfielder Rafinha - reports
- 15:33 Mum’s hilarious post about accidental flatulence during yoga will...
- 15:32 UEFA will make Celtic play behind closed doors if Green Brigade...
- 15:32 We don't want Birmingham's official traveller camp on the Bromford...
- 15:32 Is the Aston Martin Vanquish S Volante a fitting finale?
- 15:30 Tamworth staff 'owed wages and kept in the dark' over Store Twenty...
- 15:30 Chelsea eyeing Fernando Llorente transfer as Michy Batshuayi set to...
- 15:29 MP vows to take Warwick Road extra lane petition to Parliament
- 15:28 Thug found guilty of punching and kicking stepson, 5, to death for...
- 15:28 Moneysupermarket fined for sending seven million unwanted emails
- 15:27 MP vows to take Warwick Road extra lane petition to Parliament
- 15:27 The toddler with Albert Einstein hair! Mother spends two years and...
- 15:26 Roman Abramovich approves Nemanja Matic’s £50m Manchester...
- 15:25 Christian university turns down $3M to close LGBT group
- 15:24 Gemma Collins got confused for an NFL player after sporting the...
- 15:23 Rural Cheshire promoted as perfect spot for businesses to thrive
- 15:23 Loving dad moves his wedding ceremony forward so terminally ill son...
- 15:21 Moment hooded thief raids hair salon and steals 12 pairs of GHD...