Early exposure to germs 'gives children the best immune start to life'
Modern lifestyles with an emphasis on hyper-cleanliness are having a negative effect on children's lifelong health.
That's the claim of microbiologists Professor Brett Finlay and Dr Marie-Claire Arrieta, who insist there is now undeniable evidence that early exposure to microbes is beneficial to our children's wellbeing.
The scientists have written the new book Let Them Eat Dirt, to explain their conviction that microbiota (the microbes that live in and on humans) are great for our health.
"In our quest to clean up our world and get rid of infectious diseases, we have become too clean... read more
- 09:48 Meek Mill released from prison - and this is how he celebrated
- 09:48 Glamorous British lawyer twins face Dubai jail after 'drunkenly...
- 09:47 Kim Kardashian’s naked ambition: After that full-frontal perfume...
- 09:47 Heat was on for Fylde's marathon stars
- 09:46 British ‘drug mule’ won’t speak to lawyers ‘as he fears cartels...
- 09:45 Thunder and hail possible as more unsettled weather hits Yorkshire...
- 09:45 Martin Lewis shares three tips to make your startup a success like...
- 09:45 Lincolnshire police officers assaulted while on duty
- 09:44 How Leeds nurses and ex-patients are offering a way out of the...
- 09:44 Talking Horses: Paul Townend eyes swift Punchestown redemption
- 09:44 EXCLUSIVE: Shaun Byrne on Dundee United radar
- 09:42 Lancaster Bomber Sculpture ‘On Freedoms Wings’ set to welcome...
- 09:42 Leamington based illustrator presents book to fire crews
- 09:42 Different uniforms at Barmby Moor School
- 09:42 June date for A614 scheme completion
- 09:40 Living a life of lonely solitude
- 09:40 Emmerdale spoilers: Can Kerry Wyatt keep Daz Spencer’s huge secret?
- 09:39 Horses are being ‘dumped like rubbish’ in Yorkshire, warns animal...
- 09:39 How Leeds nurses and ex-patients are offering a way out of the...
- 09:38 Pods and ‘sitootery’ spots launched at retreat and education centre
- 09:38 Woman who had not committed a crime for 12 years in court for theft...
- 09:38 University launches charter mark to boost employers' pledge to...
- 09:38 Leamington based illustrator presents book to fire crews
- 09:37 Brexit: David Davis accused of 'cutting short' hearing
- 09:37 On-call firefighter from Skegness graduates
- 09:37 Who is Meek Mill? Net worth, age, songs and Nicki Minaj relationship
- 09:37 Study finds running makes people happier
- 09:35 Alfie Evans' parents in last-ditch bid to overturn court ruling
- 09:35 WhatsApp to bring in age restrictions ‘within weeks’ as new privacy...
- 09:33 Arsene Wenger's decision to leave Arsenal has come at the right...