Early computer rebuild wins conservation award
An exhibit that demonstrates what it was like to programme one of the first computers has won an award for the best computer conservation project.
The award-winning interactive project recreates part of Eniac - the Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer.
The massive machine built from 18,000 valves and 1,500 relays first ran a program in February 1946.
The exhibit was created at the Heinz Nixdorf Museum Forum (HNF) in Germany.
State secret The award was set up in 2012 to honour the memory of Tony Sale, a British pioneer of computer conservation who spent 15 years recreating the early... read more
- 05:13 Mum of 4 says ceiling collapsed on autistic son 3 weeks ago - and...
- 05:13 The clever way victims caught mum-of-3 stealing their mail for...
- 05:13 Mum gives update on fundraising for terminal cancer treatment to...
- 05:12 West Brom have two players back as Liverpool's injury crisis revealed
- 05:12 Birmingham City man tracked by Leeds United and others as side to...
- 05:08 Stolen car in fatal crash was being chased by police - Ombudsman
- 04:50 Concerns grow over fate of Sydney's last government-owned sandstone...
- 04:47 Trago Mills's £65m Merthyr Tydfil store opens at last
- 04:25 Thousands of families can't afford to top up their energy meter
- 03:55 John Sentamu: In Stephen Lawrence’s memory, we will defy racism
- 03:53 Five people die as anti-government protests spread across Nicaragua
- 03:47 Residents 'not showered' care home in Essex warned
- 03:45 TRAVEL REVIEW: Fun for everyone at Butlins Skegness
- 03:43 Call to save military airfields from closure
- 03:42 Roadworks Round-up: The works which may cause you hold-ups in the...
- 03:33 Whitley Bay superdad wins prestigious award
- 03:24 Real ale drinkers asked to embrace change
- 03:11 Justine Greening: It’s in the interests of Yorkshire business to...
- 03:01 Antidote that can treat ALL deadly snake bites could be on the...
- 02:59 Highlights, presentations and recruitment - a week in the life of...
- 02:58 Oprah Winfrey given Swiss apology for 'racist treatment' over handbag
- 02:45 No joke: have China's censors gone too far with ban on humour app?
- 02:43 Missed this week's entertainment news?
- 02:42 Graduation – a guide for parents
- 02:42 Drugs, sleeplessness, isolation: the downside of being a dance...
- 02:32 Why do the Chinese love Bicester Village?
- 02:21 Southwest Airlines accident: Authorities order mass engine inspections
- 02:08 Sydney man charged with several terror-related offences
- 02:01 Draya Michele brightens up Atlanta club with her off-the-shoulder...
- 02:01 Tristan Thompson's alleged fling Lani Blair 'to star in VH1 reality...