Earliest FA Vase exit in 11 years for Whitley Bay
0 Have your say Whitley Bay suffered their earliest FA Vase exit for 11 years when they were knocked out at the second qualifying round stage by Northern League newcomers Stockton Town.
It was a dismal performance by the four-time winners against a side who are taking part in the competition for the first time.
Stockton, unbeaten in all competitions this season, were the better side from start to finish and thoroughly deserved their victory.
In what was the biggest game in their relatively short history, they showed no nerves and were soon on the attack.
With less than six minutes played,... read more
- 13:43 School prays for bomb victim Georgina
- 13:43 Five-year-old bitten in the face after asking owner if he could...
- 13:43 Manchester attack: Homeless man rushes to help, cradles dying woman...
- 13:42 Rangers bound Ryan Jack has the captaincy taken off him for...
- 13:42 Scots caught in Manchester bombing reunited with friend
- 13:42 Manchester Arena attack: Watch Donald Trump condemn “evil losers”
- 13:42 Your charity news in the North East: World Scouting event, a flash...
- 13:41 Nurse aims to deter cancer with lifestyle tips
- 13:41 Mum hits out at school bans on fidget spinners
- 13:40 Huddersfield families describe carnage of at Manchester attack
- 13:39 Antoine Griezmann admits he’s ready to leave Atletico Madrid in...
- 13:39 Manchester attack: Homeless man rushes to help, cradles dying woman...
- 13:39 Congo opens investigation into ex-minister over Kasai violence
- 13:39 Manchester terror attack: Concert-goer rang 999 in fear for her life
- 13:39 Man United target Antoine Griezmann: I'm ready to quit Atletico...
- 13:37 Doncaster sexual health and HIV services are moving near the town...
- 13:35 Thieves steal £3,000 of Lego in Poole and Bournemouth raids
- 13:35 PICTURE SPECIAL: A fun day out for all the family at Stewkley’s...
- 13:35 Charlie Gard's parents urge judges to reverse court decision
- 13:35 Manchester attack: Homeless man rushes to help, cradles dying woman...
- 13:35 Floyd Mayweather believes Conor McGregor fight is a contest fans...
- 13:35 Manchester attack: Take That cancel concert 'out of respect'
- 13:35 Chelsea confirm transfer deal: Ace will be at Stamford Bridge next...
- 13:35 Kettering mayor’s charity tributes to former deputies
- 13:34 Royal Oldham in armed lockdown
- 13:34 Historic school celebrates 300 years of education
- 13:34 Islamic State claims responsibility for Manchester Arena terror...
- 13:34 Concert mum: 'I just focused on getting my daughter to safety'
- 13:33 Inquest into Drayton Manor schoolgirl death adjourned
- 13:34 Barbaric