Dying man blasts North East hospital which missed his terminal cancer
A dying man blames the hospital where he used to work for failing to properly diagnose his condition.
John Tweedy claims sheer “incompetence” and failings made by Darlington Memorial Hospital led to his cancer being missed which has now left him in the final weeks of life.
And his distraught family, who are now at his bedside, are having to come to terms with arranging his funeral.
John’s anxiety over how to pay for the service, being without life insurance or a pension, has been eased by former workmates from the hospital where he was employed for 11 years as a porter.
He’s hugely grateful... read more
- 14:53 'Bad trip': air force members guarding nuclear missiles took LSD,...
- 14:53 Court finds Spain's ruling party benefited from bribery scheme
- 14:53 'I love you Mum': more tributes paid on day four of Grenfell inquiry
- 14:52 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:52 TV Choice AND TRAILER: Five of the best shows this week
- 14:52 Special rail summit planned after 'dreadful' performance of Northern
- 14:52 Motorists take care to avoid family of geese walking Barrow's streets
- 14:52 Barrow man cleared of Samurai sword charge
- 14:51 Trump: NFL kneelers 'maybe shouldn't be in country'
- 14:49 Driver faces sentence in June over M55 tragedy in which van driver...
- 14:49 ‘I’ve been screaming from the rooftops that I need help’
- 14:49 Go with the flow: United Utilities' leak-finding sniffer dogs and...
- 14:49 Milnthorpe OAP had indecent photos of children
- 14:49 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:48 TV Highlight AND TRAILER: Sir Anthony Hopkins is King Lear
- 14:48 Bank Holiday car maintenance tips
- 14:48 North Cumbria's health system to lead the way in joining up care
- 14:48 Driver faces sentence in June over M55 tragedy in which van driver...
- 14:48 Pupils have buried a time capsule in the grounds of Gainsborough’s...
- 14:47 Go with the flow: United Utilities' leak-finding sniffer dogs and...
- 14:47 Nemanja Matic says things will get tougher at Man Utd next season...
- 14:46 Ode to whiteness: British poetry scene fails diversity test
- 14:44 Switch scheme could save Kettering residents hundreds of pounds...
- 14:44 PICTURES: Two drivers injured in crash on busy Sheffield road
- 14:43 This restaurant has come up with the perfect food for...
- 14:43 Missguided is partnering with Love Island to style all the...
- 14:42 Melton supermarket offers summer food aid to community groups
- 14:41 Man tells court he ‘never intended to carry out threats to neighbour’
- 14:41 Cash or community - What’s the key to non-league survival?
- 14:40 'Justice has now been served': Detectives welcome seven-year jail...