Durham relegated from County Championship division one after struggling club accept £3.8m rescue package to keep them afloat
Durham will pay a heavy price for the financial problems that have threatened their future with relegation from the first division of the county championship and a massive points deduction next season.
Durham, £7.5million in debt, are going to be demoted by the ECB as the painful consequence of a rescue package that will see the governing body pump a further £3.8 million into the struggling north-east club.
The ECB have announced that Durham will start next season in the second division on minus 48 points, with Hampshire being reprieved from relegation and also staying in the first... read more
- 16:21 Commuters warned over MORE roadworks coming to Spaghetti Junction
- 16:20 Buffy the Vampire Slayer RETURN confirmed as stars reunite after 10...
- 16:20 Trump border wall funding facing delay
- 16:20 Which part of Notts has the best GPs in the whole country?
- 16:20 Now's the time to get beach-body ready: 20 best fitness tips EVER...
- 16:19 James Rodriguez transfer: Real ace wants to join this club,...
- 16:19 Controversial 400 home development in New Waltham rejected by planners
- 16:19 McDonald's restaurant at Meridian Point in Cleethorpes to close for...
- 16:19 Taxi driver horrified after discovering dead body in Grimsby
- 16:19 Samsung launches Galaxy S8 and dreams of recovery from Note 7
- 16:19 David De Gea seen joking with Manchester United target Antoine...
- 16:18 Elderly victim assaulted in Wigton
- 16:18 Sue Radford of 19 Kids And Counting is pregnant with her 20TH child
- 16:18 WATCH: Angels sing out against Brexit
- 16:18 Drug den boarded up in South Normanton
- 16:17 In pictures: Anti-Brexit protesters refuse to back down even after...
- 16:16 The five most expensive new cars in the world
- 16:15 Pet store chain to stop selling rabbits in Northampton over Easter
- 16:15 New Ferry family reunited with pet cat four days after explosion
- 16:15 EastEnders spoiler: Cora Cross' return REVEALED in devastating plot...
- 16:15 Banbury man dies after crashing car into tree in Northamptonshire
- 16:15 Morecambe FC players and staff paid wages after third delay
- 16:15 National Sea Life Centre in Brindleyplace unveils latest attraction
- 16:14 Man convicted of rape following four-month horror spree
- 16:14 Man painting 'I'm innocent' on roof in Saner Street - police at scene
- 16:14 Cristiano Ronaldo statue: Bust of former Manchester United ace...
- 16:14 Man City confident Arsenal will miss out academy starlet Jadon Sancho
- 16:14 Three Manchester United games that will decide top four chances
- 16:14 WATCH: Stomach-churning footage of cruise ship being BATTERED by...
- 16:12 RNLI figures show increase for Northumberland lifeboat crews