Durham hit with string of penalties after accepting financial help from the ECB
Durham have been relegated from Division One of the Specsavers County Championship and will begin next season with an additional 48-point penalty.
The sanction has been agreed with the England and Wales Cricket Board as a condition of £3.8million of financial support from the national governing body.
Durham's demotion from the top flight of domestic first-class cricket means Hampshire will remain in Division One instead next summer.
It was first revealed last week that Durham may face relegation as they and the ECB seek a solution to the club's financial difficulties.
An ECB statement on... read more
- 13:06 6 Music Festival reviews: Goldfrapp/Sparks, Cate Le Bon and the...
- 13:05 £70 million Pride Park scheme that could create 3,300 jobs to be...
- 13:05 Weeping Window poppies in Derby: how city's police paid a heavy war...
- 13:05 Chinese tech giant Tencent takes 5 percent stake in Tesla
- 13:04 Stamford’s Mid-Lent Fair gets underway
- 13:04 Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather fight agreement is done, says...
- 13:03 Lab worker Paul saves nurse’s life at Leeds hospital
- 13:02 One week on - Birmingham will remember the Westminster attack
- 13:02 Listed: treatments the NHS wants to stop giving on prescription
- 13:02 Police issue appeal after attempted robbery at a Tamworth petrol...
- 13:02 Grantham KGGS class of ’68 to reunite in the town
- 13:02 More than 400 jobs to be created in total as part of British Steel...
- 13:01 26 fake babies created by conman in shocking £34,000 benefits scam
- 13:00 Exposed files on Microsoft's document-sharing site
- 12:59 Neymar again calls for Barcelona to sign Liverpool star Philippe...
- 12:59 ‘Overworked’ Dumfries High teacher falsified pupils’ results
- 12:59 Coca-Cola probe launched after human waste found in drinks cans
- 12:58 Is this the best job on the planet? Blogger will be paid £24k to...
- 12:58 Roaming wild in the radiation zone: Endangered species are THRIVING...
- 12:58 And you thought YOU were tired! Hilarious photos capture people...
- 12:58 Attacks on Nigerian students shock India
- 12:57 Is Cheryl planning on swapping music for the lucrative mummy market?
- 12:57 Turkey warns Europe not to meddle in referendum, "mind its own...
- 12:57 EU urges Hungary to ensure migrant holding camps comply with asylum...
- 12:57 Coutinho ready for 'intense' Merseyside derby clash
- 12:57 GBP Latest: Euro fails to gain on pound ahead of Scottish...
- 12:56 Girl suffers fractures and bruising following assault
- 12:56 6 Music Festival reviews: The Shins/Grandaddy and Bonobo/Songhoy Blues
- 12:56 Kenilworth run riot in eight-try Wanderers victory
- 12:55 '239 redundancies at Danwood Lincoln after takeover'