Durham Cricket Club confident of becoming viable business after county council rescue package
Chief executive David Harker is confident Durham County Cricket Club can become a viable business thanks to a county council rescue package.
The council unanimously agreed to convert £3.74m of debt into shares in the restructured club, securing the future of First-Class and international cricket in the North East.
Durham were awarded First-Class status in 1990 by promising to spread the professional game. Previously North East cricket-lovers had to leave the region to watch or play the game at the top level.
Durham have since won three County Championships and two One-Day Cups, and provided... read more
- 11:36 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:36 Ex-police officer David Duckenfield charged with manslaughter and...
- 11:36 Two arrested in South Shields in computer software service fraud probe
- 11:36 Emergency vehicles sent to reports of a fire at Caythorpe recycling...
- 11:36 BREAKING: M1 closed in both directions in South Yorkshire due to...
- 11:35 Safety of Harrogate District's residential properties reviewed...
- 11:35 Ex police chief charged with manslaughter over Hillsborough Disaster
- 11:35 Faecal bacteria discovered in ice at three coffee chains, BBC's...
- 11:35 Sign up to take part in this year's Tour de Furness fundraiser
- 11:35 How to stay safe in wake of new global cyber attack
- 11:34 BREAKING: M1 closed in both directions in South Yorkshire due to...
- 11:34 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:34 Hartlepool United severs all ties with JPNG and Gary Coxall in...
- 11:34 Paramedics ride NARROWBOAT as they rush to help patient
- 11:34 Hillsborough criminal charges to be brought
- 11:34 Man dies after being struck by car in Leamington
- 11:34 What will the ATMs of the near future look like?
- 11:34 Britain is leaving the EU, but should Brexit-hit investors go the...
- 11:33 Warning over Tesco voucher scam as thousands fall for crafty hoax
- 11:32 More than 400 properties empty in the Harborough district
- 11:32 It’s a Knockout fun day for inspirational Amelie
- 11:31 Family’s lucky escape as overturning car demolishes wall at...
- 11:31 Paedophile breached order by talking to boy, nine, in Chorley
- 11:31 Firefighters battle house blaze in Hartlepool
- 11:30 David Duckenfield and Norman Bettison among six people charged over...
- 11:29 Eyeing election, Russia's Putin stages visit to voter's rundown home
- 11:29 Liverpool pre-season tour: Fixtures, teams, dates, stadiums revealed
- 11:29 ‘Man Utd have signed Ethan Galbraith’: Irish FA make announcement...
- 11:29 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department
- 11:29 Chairman of Eskdale Festival ‘excited’ for next year