Dundee United claim cheeky Rangers 'dig' in matchday programme was nothing to do with them
Dundee United have claimed a thinly-veiled dig at Rangers in the matchday programme against Linfield was nothing to do with them.
The notes in Saturday's publication ahead of the IRN-BRU Cup clash called the Irish side “the most successful team in the world still in existence”.
The Belfast side have 52 league titles to their credit. Rangers won 54 before their financial meltdown in 2012 and the entry in the United programme on Saturday appeared to be a cheeky pop at the Ibrox outfit.
But a spokesman for the Tannadice side today claimed the club has no control over what goes in the magazine... read more
- 12:05 Casey Stoney announces retirement as former England women captain...
- 12:04 Burnley is one Lancashire's 10 unluckiest towns
- 12:03 Brooklyn Beckham set ‘to become the Spice Girls’ official reunion...
- 12:02 Award for improving Parkinson’s care
- 12:02 KFC restaurants in Northampton forced to close as stores run out of...
- 12:02 Hipperholme pupil makes a splash as she clinches gold and meets...
- 12:02 Snap happy shoppers in with chance of winning spending spree
- 12:02 Warwickshire Freemasons support new maternity unit at Warwick Hospital
- 12:02 Did you see Danny Rose’s AMAZING message to Ryan Mason against...
- 12:02 Lewis Hamilton reveals insight into training schedule ahead of...
- 12:01 Paedophile Falder jailed for 32 years
- 12:01 Peter Rabbit among Beatrix Potter characters to star on new coins
- 12:01 Cash to help gardeners club
- 12:01 Chelsea frustrate Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi like no other side
- 12:01 In pictures: Handsworth v Burntwood RUFC
- 12:01 Lichfield City FC beaten 4-2 by Atherstone Town
- 12:01 Teen blackmails teacher into handing over £10k after 'inappropriate...
- 12:01 Got any old-style £10 notes? This is when they cease to be legal...
- 12:00 Elderly victim turns crimefighter to catch fraudsters in police sting
- 12:00 Sergio Aguero heads out with his old man as Manchester City striker...
- 12:00 In pictures: Seven stunning Scottish castles for sale
- 12:00 KFC closures across Preston - latest
- 12:00 Irvine Welsh: ‘I had a criminal record aged 8’
- 11:59 Leeds United memories: Whatever happened to... striker Rob Hulse?
- 11:59 Council partnership yields jobs in Burnley
- 11:58 What not to expect from Philip Hammond Spring statement
- 11:58 Call to bring forward vote on cutting Commons to 600 MPs
- 11:58 Burglars target Sheffield street
- 11:58 Iceland's mooted circumcision ban sparks religious outrage
- 11:57 Matthew Falder who forced teen to rape boy, 4, and girl to eat dog...