Duchess of Cambridge's brother marshmallow firm secures £500k loan
James Middleton, the brother of the Duchess of Cambridge, has secured a £500,000 loan for his personalised marshmallow firm.
Boomf allows customers to upload pictures that it prints on edible marshmallows and sends as gifts. Founded in 2013, it has a turnover of £2.4million and 13 staff at its Berkshire base. But it has yet to turn a profit, and lost £250,000 in its first year.
The loan comes from Barclays’ Innovation Finance scheme, which lends to innovative firms at favourable rates, with the backing of the European Investment Fund.
Middleton said: ‘We’ve grown just shy of 400 per cent... read more
- 18:27 Dan Evans: Tennis star admits to cocaine use and positive drugs test
- 18:26 The 'Aggressive Bexiteer': Would I still vote Leave?
- 18:26 Legendary cricket commentator Henry Blofeld calls time on...
- 18:26 Man who asked plain clothes police for 'spare change' handed £235 bill
- 18:24 Rangers won't miss Mike Ashley as he was poisonous at Ibrox - watch...
- 18:24 British tennis star Dan Evans admits he failed drugs test after...
- 18:24 Simon Cowell's Grenfell single tops UK chart
- 18:24 Teen shot on doorstep in drive-by attack on Walton street
- 18:24 Chelsea target James Rodriguez prefers Premier League transfer as...
- 18:23 Three children among five people dead after being electrocuted in...
- 18:23 Tennis star Dan Evans admits he failed drugs test
- 18:23 Dog rescued on Snowdon after skinning its paws on rough terrain
- 18:23 U.S. stocks rise on tech gains, oil rebound
- 18:23 VIDEO: Music to make you smile!
- 18:22 Southampton appoint Mauricio Pellegrino: Claude Puel successor...
- 18:21 Blow for EU as Czech’s REJECT eurozone entry: ‘Just 30% want it’
- 18:21 Tech Tent: Uber at a crossroads
- 18:20 Coroner appeal after man with Newcastle links found dead on Teesside
- 18:20 Bradley Lowery 'so happy' after classmates record charity tribute
- 18:19 Grenfell Tower fire: Simon Cowell charity single knocks Justin...
- 18:19 Tim Sherwood takes aim at Aston Villa's infamous transfer committee
- 18:19 Former Birmingham City captain returns to Blues in coaching role
- 18:19 Josh Harrop reveals why he left Manchester United
- 18:17 Dunstable punter's £1m Ascot bet falls on final furlong
- 18:17 Police find gun after scrambler yobs shoot at home
- 18:16 Teenage girl in critical condition after being hit by car in Leeds...
- 18:16 VIDEO: Everything you need to know about Snapchat's new location...
- 18:16 Sheffield robbery victim, 80, suffers suspected broken leg and wrist
- 18:16 Nine nostalgic images of Chester's former hospitals
- 18:15 Wall St Week Ahead-Oil's drop could leave a stain on earnings