Drunken nuclear sub officers go ballistic on the bevvy by trashing Faslane cinema and bar in loutish rampage
SAILORS returned from a secret three-month patrol on a nuclear submarine – then smashed up a cinema and bar on a boozy rampage.
The senior Royal Navy officers are now being hunted by military police and parts of the base at Faslane have been sealed off as a crime scene.
And like Sean Connery in Cold War submarine thriller, The Hunt for Red October, the officers of HMS Victorious are being ordered to give themselves up.
The sub, which carries the Trident ballistic missile, returned to the base near Helensburgh last Friday. Sources said the men were boozing in the wardroom bar, reserved for... read more
- 01:02 Liversedge slip down table after derby defeat
- 00:58 Italy to seize NGO rescue ships as migrant row deepens
- 00:55 Dr Therese Coffey: Everyone has a part to play to clean up our air
- 00:54 Local groups invited to apply for Bowhill funding
- 00:51 Airbus plans UK job cuts amid fears of hard Brexit impact
- 00:50 Sudoku 4093 hard
- 00:49 Royal Ascot 2018 day four tips: Billesdon Brook can land the...
- 00:47 Dr Therese Coffey: Everyone has a part to play to clean up our air
- 00:41 Misconceptions around mental health are making 1 in 4 delay...
- 00:41 'Dangerous' carbon monoxide alarms removed from Amazon and eBay
- 00:39 Church prepares for visiting choral society's concert
- 00:39 The Yorkshire Post says: Pound for pound. Why park cuts should be a...
- 00:39 The Yorkshire Post says: House out of order. Brexit and Commons reform
- 00:39 Bill Carmichael: Battle for Brexit became rout of rebels
- 00:38 Sturgeon to hold talks with UK government
- 00:35 Slideshow: Birkenshaw Christmas lights
- 00:35 Sharks, Moor and Celtic suffer Conference defeats
- 00:30 Migrant children: Pentagon asked to house migrant minors
- 00:26 Part-privatisation of probation sector 'is a mess', MPs say
- 00:24 The UK's rapid return to city centre living
- 00:18 MPs to investigate 'fast fashion' impact
- 00:18 Probation system 'a mess' despite reforms, say MPs
- 00:17 Are Instagram stars facing a brand backlash?
- 00:12 Church of England makes last-minute approach to abuse survivors
- 00:11 Viewpoint: Why the Kashmir government fall is a tragedy
- 00:10 BREAKING: Eurozone nations agree to end Greece austerity with debt...
- 00:06 Quebec City mosque shooter 'not a monster' say parents
- 00:06 Chelsea reportedly agree £31m deal to sign Juventus centre-back...
- 00:05 House of Fraser rescue plan faces vote
- 23:50 Sanderson delighted as 'fantastic day' puts Northants on brink of...