Drunken mum left baby daughter in pushchair in deserted park for SEVEN HOURS after night out
A mother left her baby daughter alone in a deserted park overnight after she took the young child with her on a drinking spree, a court has heard.
The abandoned girl - who was less than a year old at the time - was found strapped into an upturned buggy by a dog walker at 7am after spending seven and a half hours in the park.
Mother Julie Gill forgot to take the child home with her after she toured bars in Blackpool, Lancashire, on a night out with a friend.
When the 43-year-old and her friend parted she was still with the child.
But Gill arrived home alone oblivious to the fact that she had... read more
- 21:26 Simon Henig on why Durham County Council had no choice but to save...
- 19:18 Former fire service boss threw knife and dirty dishes at his...
- 18:49 Watch the moment FIVE clubbers pile into a Newcastle taxi in the...
- 17:28 Here's one Chinese man pleased that Toon boss Rafa Benitez isn't...
- 16:35 Thief who stole from pensioner's handbag left on the Metro...
- 16:35 Police investigate reports of man flashing at women in Walker area...
- 03:21 India launches record-breaking 104 satellites from single rocket
- 03:21 Firms urged to publish ethnic breakdown
- 03:20 Dear Sir, I'm sorry: letters of apology to former teachers
- 03:15 James O'Connor will not be offered new contract, says Toulon owner
- 03:07 Jonathan Gibbs: We must save rural life – but this school had to die
- 03:05 Prison officers to withdraw from riot duty in pay dispute
- 03:04 Review faults Washington police handling of inaugural protests
- 03:02 Roy Keane launches another dig at Jose Mourinho over his Manchester...
- 02:57 Nigel Farage aide defects to Tories claiming a mass exodus from Ukip
- 02:54 What happens in the brain when you learn a language?
- 02:49 Overwatch Season 4’s new hero has another big hint shared on Twitter
- 02:40 Top 10 state and national parks in Texas
- 02:35 Deportation of student halted hours before she was due to board plane
- 02:32 How statistics lost their power – and why we should fear what comes...
- 02:29 The 20 big questions in science
- 02:27 UK government surplus gives Philip Hammond pre-budget boost
- 02:24 Top 10 national parks in Arizona
- 02:19 Network Rail fined £4m after woman killed by train at foot crossing
- 02:09 Warren Buffett, 'Oracle of Omaha', criticises Wall Street and...
- 02:08 Top 10 bars in Nashville
- 02:05 Is Australia Racist? SBS documentary makes for uncomfortable viewing
- 02:03 Big tourism must demand action to save the reef – its business...
- 02:01 Does music really help you concentrate?
- 01:55 Trump says Oscar mix-up was because show was 'focused so hard on...