Drunken man whose crimes go back 40 years jailed for pushing sword against man's throat
A DRUNKEN troublemaker who had been committing crime for about 40 years since the age of 10 angrily pushed a fearsome sword against another man's throat.
He was fuming during the frightening street confrontation, his eyes were bulging and he later threatened to snap the jaw of police who arrested him, a court heard.
Kevin Smith, 52, of Rutland Street, Grimsby, admitted using threatening behaviour and possessing a sword as an offensive weapon on August 22.
Craig Lowe, prosecuting, told Grimsby Crown Court that Smith was staggering about and had some spirits in his hand.
Two people helped him... read more
- 11:38 Man airlifted to hospital with head injury after fall in Rushden
- 11:38 Find out how many takeaways have taken over your high street
- 11:37 What will the weather be like for October half term?
- 11:37 Manchester United 'must remain mentally strong and keep going',...
- 11:37 Boy of 13 'drove BMW into a tree'
- 11:37 Arsenal stars enjoy jungle themed birthday celebrations following...
- 11:37 Party promising to overturn Brexit would beat Labour and UKIP in a...
- 11:37 Can YOU spot them all? Fiendishly tricky brainteaser contains 60...
- 11:37 Is the internet becoming unreadable? Trend for light fonts on dark...
- 11:37 Your dog probably dreams about you: Sleeping pooches think lovingly...
- 11:37 How do you treat very young sexual offenders?
- 11:36 Syrian refugees found working in factories supplying UK retailers
- 11:35 Are these the worst views in Britain?
- 11:35 South Cumbria youngsters given a lesson in life saving
- 11:35 Green-fingered Barrow youngsters grow pumpkin patch in school garden
- 11:35 11 ‘micro-crimes’ you’ve probably committed
- 11:34 Kelechi Iheanacho calls for 'focus' in order to improve Manchester...
- 11:34 By (St) George! This one's close to home...
- 11:34 Chelsea can win Premier League title, says Pedro
- 11:34 Where are the best places in Leicestershire to enjoy an autumnal walk?
- 11:33 Concern growing for missing Bourne teenager
- 11:32 Tracker allows drivers to check roads have been gritted
- 11:31 Drivers sent message from pupils and police
- 11:31 Heading a ball can cause significant changes in brain function
- 11:31 Five people die after a plane crashes in Malta International Airport
- 11:30 Woman becomes country’s first nursery school teacher with...
- 11:30 CJ de Mooi won’t be extradited to Holland over claims he killed a...
- 11:29 Justin Bieber 'storms off stage' because of fans screaming between...
- 11:29 Stratford up to third as Sutton are sunk
- 11:28 Woman suffers multiple injuries after two-car smash in Trinity...