Drunk woman caused crash by grabbing taxi steering wheel on main road
An alcoholic woman grabbed the wheel of a taxi in which she was a passenger - causing the driver to crash.
Jemma Cady, 35, of Southend Parade, Hebburn, has no memory of what she did, South Tyneside Magistrates were told.
The court heard the crash happened in the early hours of the morning while Cady, a mother of four, was being driven along Jarrow Road.
Paul Anderson, prosecuting, said: “The taxi driver picked the defendant up in his Volkswagen Touran taxi at about 2.40am in the centre of Jarrow.
“As the vehicle was being driven along Jarrow Road, she grabbed the steering wheel of the taxi,... read more
- 08:51 Bank Holiday weather update for Grimsby, Cleethorpes and area
- 08:49 European shares off to sluggish start to week, banks weak
- 08:47 This pug who doesn’t know the meaning of privacy loves sitting in...
- 08:47 This teacher threw out the curriculum after Manchester terror...
- 08:47 This is the law on using traffic cones to reserve a parking space...
- 08:47 Alton Towers Smiler crash victims Joe Pugh and Leah Washington...
- 08:47 Manchester bomber Salman Abedi's network could still be at large
- 08:47 Amber Rudd to represent Tories in live TV debate after Theresa May...
- 08:47 Manchester bombing probe widens with arrest of man in West Sussex
- 08:47 Wolves transfer news and rumours: Wanderers to battle with Aston...
- 08:45 European shares off to sluggish start to week, banks weak
- 08:44 Manchester bombing probe widens with arrest of man in West Sussex
- 08:43 Arsene Wenger tells Arsenal board to base future decision on FA Cup...
- 08:42 United we stand - Prestonians show our city cannot be divided by...
- 08:41 Why there could be unexploded bombs buried in Derby
- 08:41 Eamonn Holmes CLASHES with Andrew Gwynn in awkward spat: 'Labour's...
- 08:41 7 ingenious micro homes from around the world that will convince...
- 08:40 Bill Jamieson: Why People’s Trust may struggle to thrive
- 08:40 Welsh Government must 'move quickly and further' to reach one...
- 08:40 Louth and District Archery Club wins national award
- 08:40 No Bank Holiday trains from Preston to Carlisle
- 08:39 Three fire crews called to four car crash on A158
- 08:38 Supermarket looking to support charity in 2018
- 08:38 Police raid Chester home during Manchester bomb investigation
- 08:38 Charity named partner of major golf tournament
- 08:38 Security advice following cyber-attacks
- 08:37 M1 northbound closed between junctions 14 and 15 after vehicle...
- 08:37 YOUR VIEW: Mr Hayes walked the walk
- 08:36 Emotional scenes as mother describes last time she saw terror...
- 08:36 Steam fair draws the crowds