Drunk pushed cousins, aged 14 and 18, into River Tees to steal £450 bike
A drunk who pushed two teenagers into the River Tees before making off with an expensive bike has been locked up.
Richard Huitson first tried to befriend the cousins, aged 14 and 18, as they were fishing close to the river’s horseshoe bend.
He took tobacco from the older cousin but as he stood up to land an eel, Huitson sprung into action - grabbing him under the arm and throwing him into the water.
Teesside Crown Court heard that the 34-year-old former drug addict then turned his attention to the 14-year-old, who was “very young looking for his age” according to prosecutor, Emma Atkinson.... read more
- 16:29 Jeremy Corbyn has finally explicitly called the IRA terrorists
- 16:29 15 things all 90s kids did after school
- 16:28 Arsenal reduce season ticket prices by 10 per cent after failure to...
- 16:29 Cher at 71: Her most incredible outfits in pictures
- 16:28 Real Madrid's celebrations continue as Gareth Bale and Co parade...
- 16:28 American Gods episode 4: Who is Emily Browning? Did YOU recognise...
- 16:27 Golfer meets medics who saved him after heart attack
- 16:27 PICTURE GALLERY: Corby schoolchildren take part in duathlon challenge
- 16:27 CCTV stills released after use of fake twenty pound notes in Ripon
- 16:27 Concert promoters reveal plans for Botanics event in Edinburgh
- 16:24 Grantham hustings at St Wulfram’s Church has been postponed for a week
- 16:24 Tell Dad just how much you care with a free Father’s Day message in...
- 16:24 Worksop police officers commended for their bravery
- 16:23 Nate Diaz fires more shots at the UFC: F**k a retreat!
- 16:22 Stacey Solomon takes karaoke to the next level with nationwide tour...
- 16:22 Vote for your favourite Wigan Curry House
- 16:20 We need private security to patrol lkeston, says Dukeries Club...
- 16:20 What the next Intu Derby restaurant should be - according to you
- 16:19 Warning over Blue Whale Challenge craze after 13-year-old dies
- 16:19 So THAT'S why there's a decibel sticker on your wheelie-bin
- 16:19 Decommissioned bedsits in Long Eaton to be converted into family homes
- 16:18 Sutton St James continues search for ‘village caretaker’
- 16:17 Germany must invest to keep up in electric cars - Merkel
- 16:17 Something massive is passing in front of that ‘alien...
- 16:17 Cars are no longer allowed to use Bank Junction during the day
- 16:17 An early look at Late May Bank Holiday weekend weather in the...
- 16:16 Who should I vote for?
- 16:16 Wall St. opens higher as oil prices, defense stocks rise
- 16:16 Billy Bush on Trump tape - didn't have 'strength' to change topic
- 16:16 Police probe alleged brawl at Carlisle cage fighting event