Drunk Netherfield man called policeman 'fat boy'
Drunk Mark Hendry was handed a £100 bill after shouting at a police officer: "Do you want some, fat boy?"
Nottingham magistrates heard that he outburst came when he was in a bad mood after seeing a couple arguing in a Chinese takeaway cafe.
Leyona Powell, mitigating, said: "He didn't like to see a male shouting at a female and, in his own words, his 'mouth just ran off.'
"When the police attended, he didn't stop basically," she added on behalf of jobless Hendry, 47, of Knight Street, Netherfield.
Read more: Assault charges against Aspley man are withdrawn
He pleaded... read more
- 15:10 ‘A gentleman of the old school’
- 15:10 A fond farewell to true hero of the Coquet Valley
- 15:10 Nominate your community heroes
- 15:09 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:09 In pictures: Snow decorates scenes across Harrogate district
- 15:09 Scarlet fever: Number of cases hit 40, with Barrow among places hit
- 15:09 Images of Yesteryear
- 15:09 New timetable of healthy walks launched for Northumberland
- 15:09 Riddle over sudden demise of Wigan pub
- 15:08 Merkel's grand coalition could be over in TWO YEARS - even if it's...
- 15:08 German wage STAGNATION: EU immigration to blame for low level, top...
- 15:08 Smuggling gang SMASHED after years of bringing Iraq migrants to UK...
- 15:08 Gaz Beadle announces names baby boy Chester Raymond Beadle McVey...
- 15:07 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:07 Derby County midfielder George Thorne expresses delight at signing...
- 15:06 South Kesteven councillor calls for abolition of county council
- 15:06 Grants to help Wyre youngsters develop skills
- 15:06 Council's unanimous opposition to rural fracking bid
- 15:06 South Shields woman claimed drugs were sweets after smuggling them...
- 15:05 Pupils inspired to spring clean
- 15:05 Belmont gains top marks
- 15:05 Fell rescuers called out to assist ambulance crew near Pateley Bridge
- 15:05 Northants Police issue doorstep crime warning after high winds
- 15:05 High Tides - January 20 to January 27
- 15:04 Survey reveals concerns of hearing loss in the workplace
- 15:04 Wigan beer figures speak out against industry sexism
- 15:04 Pupils inspired to spring clean
- 15:04 SNP rejects claims of ‘Trump-like’ party political broadcast
- 15:04 Belmont gains top marks
- 15:04 In pictures: Snow decorates scenes across Harrogate district