Drunk man in court - after drinking 15 pints and swearing at a train worker
A drunken man shouted expletives and abuse at a train worker who denied him travel from Whitehaven.
Stephen Louis Gannon, 55, of Cranbourne Road, Carlisle, appeared at magistrates court in Workington on Friday to answer a charge of using threatening words towards Edward Walker.
He pleaded guilty.
Pamela Fee, prosecuting, said Gannon had had 15 pints of beer while drinking with friends in Whitehaven on December 2.
When the group tried to board the train back to Carlisle from Whitehaven train station but were told it would not be leaving for another 20 minutes so there was no rush, Gannon... read more
- 10:13 Driver arrested after car rolls onto its roof
- 10:13 Videos and pictures: Andres Iniesta plays final match for Barcelona
- 10:13 Sante Fe school shooting: Suspect 'was rejected' by victim Shana...
- 10:12 Driver arrested after car rolls onto its roof
- 10:12 Woman ignores road closures to try and drive through half-marathon
- 10:12 Prince Harry and Meghan gave their wedding flowers to hospice patients
- 10:12 Ten-day heatwave to be broken by thunderstorms before return to...
- 10:10 Holly steps into the ruby slippers for stage debut
- 10:10 Event to give Borderlands growth deal a boost
- 10:10 Two arrested over 1988 backpacker murder
- 10:10 Noise alert for Preston residents as overnight railway line works...
- 10:10 The Big Walk event arrives in Carlisle
- 10:10 Homeless people are jailed and fined £1,000 as councils crack down...
- 10:10 Adventurer dies on his eighth attempt to climb Mount Everest
- 10:10 Join in the fun - you know the day and time!
- 10:09 Chelsea news: Eden Hazard knows about Man City interest, Pep...
- 10:09 Liverpool 'to open talks with Lyon over signing Nabil Fekir'
- 10:09 20-goal season star 'agrees deal to join Manchester United'
- 10:09 Station signs point out the healthy way to travel
- 10:09 Patel stars as Warwickshire beat Yorkshire
- 10:07 Boozed-up jelly bean burglar was caught after returning to get his...
- 10:07 Musician Bill to meet the Queen at royal garden party
- 10:07 Asda’s sell-out £30 inflatable lounge pool is back for summer
- 10:06 Business boss fined £1,400 after axing 14 protected trees at his...
- 10:06 Travellers moved on twice in Boston after resettling from Woodville...
- 10:05 Average asking price on a home across Britain has reached a record...
- 10:05 My partner and I are planning a trip to Japan next spring, but when...
- 10:05 Before their marriage my sister’s husband nominated his work...
- 10:05 Intergenerational divide? Young people have never had it so good...
- 10:04 Delays announced for Lancaster bridge repair work