Drug stocks pull Wall St. lower; jobs report in focus
Drug stocks dragged Wall Street lower on Thursday, while investors anxiously awaited a crucial jobs report that would help set the tone for interest rate hikes in the coming months.
A growing number of Fed officials have argued for higher rates as the labor market remains robust and inflation inches towards the central bank's 2 percent target.
The view was supported by a report that showed the number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits fell to a near 43-year low last week.
"At the moment, what is driving the U.S. market is a repricing around expectations of near-term Fed... read more
- 01:53 Kyrie Irving SHUTS down LeBron James heckle with obscene response -...
- 01:38 Bradford baby death: Woman arrested on suspicion of murder
- 01:38 Labour demands changes to Brexit repeal bill
- 01:35 Will Australia's 'miracle economy' keep on winning?
- 01:33 EastEnders spoilers: Will Ian Beale find Jane after her disappearance?
- 01:27 Why more people are running marathons in all 50 US states
- 01:22 Woman, 23, arrested as baby dies after fall from sixth-floor window
- 01:22 10 great new scary movies to watch on Netflix
- 01:22 Former Eton pupil named as mastermind behind alleged multi-million...
- 01:20 Valencia 4-0 Sevilla: Simone Zaza scores again as Marcelino Garcia...
- 01:14 Hamburg 0-1 Bayern Munich: Champions go level with Borussia...
- 01:14 West Brom star Jonny Evans set for scan on groin injury as Northern...
- 01:14 Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony offers £1,000 reward for...
- 01:12 Partition 70 years on: When tribal warriors invaded Kashmir
- 01:12 Indonesia's secret nudist community defying the law
- 01:12 WHO chief 'rethinking' Robert Mugabe's appointment
- 01:10 Home-buying to be 'faster and less stressful' following review
- 00:59 Monaco 2-0 Caen: Ligue 1 champions stay on PSG's tail after Keita...
- 00:59 Director of rugby Dai Young focused on 'turning things around at...
- 00:59 Anthony Joshua shows off his speed and readiness for Carlos Takam...
- 00:57 Brexit: Why a transition period may not buy more time for talks
- 00:56 Advice to patients to fast before surgery may be scrapped after...
- 00:56 Emmerdale spoilers: Cain Dingle saves Moira after she hits rock...
- 00:54 Ryan Burnett BEATS Zhanat Zhakiyanov to create boxing history
- 00:54 Darren Till shocks MMA with first round KO of Donald Cerrone in...
- 00:48 Ruth Sunderland: Mail on Sunday to campaign for a skilled ombudsman...
- 00:48 Scholes miss chance to move above leaders Morley
- 00:48 Hospitals spend £140 million on ‘rotting teeth’ in children
- 00:48 Kyron Webb Moston stabbing: Teens charged with murder
- 00:43 How Wim Wenders put the snap back into Polaroids