Drug dealer's messenger lost arm and risks losing leg after decades of heroin addiction
A drug dealer’s messenger lost her arm and risks losing her leg after decades of heroin addiction.
Amputee Lisa Meadley, 46, was shown sympathy and given a last chance to straighten out by a judge who heard of her health problems.
She had her left arm amputated in hospital after police caught her with almost £800 worth of heroin in her home, Teesside Crown Court heard.
Louise Harrison, defending, said Meadley - who admitted passing messages to a dealer but not selling drugs herself - suffered “significant health problems”.
She said Meadley had an existing arm injury which was “exacerbated... read more
- 15:24 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down
- 15:24 VIDEO & PICTURES: Tideswell Wakes parade ‘one of the biggest in years’
- 15:23 Scooter rider suffers serious injuries after hitting standing water
- 15:23 Women's tennis matches being limited to three sets is 'outdated and...
- 15:23 Stephen Hough DNA link to Janet Commins billion times more likely...
- 15:22 Little girl has hair that’s impossible to tame thanks to her...
- 15:22 Barnsley's Marc Roberts: Boss provides an update on Birmingham City...
- 15:22 Real Madrid still keen on Eden Hazard: Chelsea man wanted along...
- 15:22 Nigel Benn, 53, announces sensational boxing comeback as he SMASHES...
- 15:21 Coventry PR firm Advent Communications appoints new director
- 15:21 Police investigate damage at car showroom in York
- 15:20 29% of graduates take 'non-professional' jobs, figures show
- 15:20 A month of extremes but town rallies
- 15:19 Fake penis woman Gayle Newland guilty again following retrial
- 15:17 Rome to turn OFF traditional water fountains as Italy prepares for...
- 15:17 BREAKING: One killed after shooting at bar - police warn of active...
- 15:16 Tesco, Sainsbury's and the Co-op appeal tax on cash machines that...
- 15:15 Andy Murray uncovered: Why the Wimbledon champion NEVER chokes in...
- 15:15 Robert Pires tells Arsene Wenger: Sign Sanchez and Ozil… and buy...
- 15:15 Women's tennis matches being limited to three sets is 'outdated and...
- 15:15 29% of graduates take 'non-professional' jobs, figures show
- 15:15 MP backs fight to preserve greenfield site
- 15:14 Cyclist raises more than £1,100 for Corby hospice in memory of his dad
- 15:14 How Gayle Newland spent years tricking women into online relationships
- 15:14 Leeds United and cycle gear frim to raise funds for flood hit...
- 15:14 Do you know how to protect your child on the internet?
- 15:14 Concerns raised over travellers moving into Derbyshire
- 15:13 Health fears over concrete plant at Gonerby Moor
- 15:13 Grantham Hospital: Funding found for permanent discharge lounge
- 15:13 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down