Drone maker DJI in cyber-security row over bug bounty
Drone maker DJI has accused a cyber-security researcher of hacking its servers.
Kevin Finisterre claims that he accessed confidential customer data after finding a private key publicly posted on code-sharing site Github.
He approached the firm, which offers a "bug bounty" reward of up to $30,000 (£23,000) for security weaknesses discovered in its systems.
DJI said the server access was "unauthorised".
The data Mr Finisterre was able to see included "unencrypted flight logs, passports, drivers licences and identification cards", he said.
Despite initially... read more
- 14:37 Warwick University's naked rowers suspended from Instagram
- 14:37 University of Chester student lands dream job at FC Barcelona - and...
- 14:37 Queen’s preview: Novak Djokovic can send out statement of intent...
- 14:36 Seven Hull business stories you may have missed this week
- 14:36 Royal Regiment of Fusiliers Museum looking for help to make...
- 14:34 Naked university rowers suspended from Instagram
- 14:34 West Ham transfer news: SIX players linked to the Hammers after...
- 14:34 CO2 shortage could hit UK beer and chicken supplies during World Cup
- 14:34 Hospital payout for cancer patient's family after 'failures in care'
- 14:34 Middle income households faring best since the crash, report finds
- 14:34 Disney raises offer for 21st Century Fox to $71.3bn and outflanks...
- 14:33 Why there could be a World Cup beer crisis
- 14:33 I don’t want to be upskirted – are there any outfits I should avoid?
- 14:33 Where is cannabis legal around the world and where can you only use...
- 14:32 Summer fair will mark Whitley Bay school’s centenary year
- 14:32 Pals team up for Rushden quiz night in aid of Gambian friend
- 14:32 Whitley Bay pub undergoing a major refurbishment
- 14:32 Watch: Paddy McGuinness, Peter Crouch and Jamie Redknapp pile into...
- 14:32 Bookmakers slashed odds on dramatic Love Island return for Charlie...
- 14:32 Whitefield Aldi given go-ahead to knock down 'community hub' next...
- 14:31 10 Fringe and Festival jobs you can apply for now
- 14:30 Drugged driver had pregnant girlfriend in car during high-speed...
- 14:28 The Yorkshire Post says: Emails at PMQs about North’s ‘valueless’...
- 14:28 Watch: Hundreds stop to watch parrot on the loose in Birmingham...
- 14:27 Millionaire refuses to pull down Britain’s biggest man cave so he’s...
- 14:27 Hospital payout for cancer patient's family after 'failures in care'
- 14:26 University of Hull and VISR launch mixed reality accelerator
- 14:26 Playhouse revamp cost to rise by £2m
- 14:24 Road to shut for up to four weeks
- 14:23 Woman accused of curfew breaches