Drivers told to avoid A42 southbound in Leicestershire after lorry jack-knifes
Police have warned drivers to avoid a section of the A42 in Leicestershire after a lorry jack-knifed.
All lanes on the southbound section of the road near Breedon-on-the-Hill have been closed due to the incident.
A police spokesman said: "We would advise motorists to avoid the area if possible.
"Long delays are probable."
Highways England said the incident, which is believed to have happened at about 7.30pm, was on the A42 southbound between the junctions with the M1 and the A511.
A Highways England spokesman said: "The event is expected to clear between 9.30pm and... read more
- 07:44 Washington braces for massive protests as Trump becomes U.S. president
- 07:43 Manchester United should have signed this Tottenham star - Harry...
- 07:42 Three-vehicle smash closes lane of A19
- 07:42 Do you know this Corby man? He’s wanted on prison recall
- 07:41 Andy Murray beats Sam Querrey in third round of the Australian Open...
- 07:41 Dan Evans vs Bernard Tomic LIVE: Follow the action as Britain's No...
- 07:40 Trump protesters pepper sprayed by police in violent clash ahead...
- 07:39 Memory match: Aston Villa v PNE 1968
- 07:39 PNE midfield ace DJ prepares to face old club
- 07:38 Tributes paid to a war hero who was a ‘true gentleman’
- 07:38 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire
- 07:38 Leicestershire weather: Mostly dry and cold. Frost and fog patches...
- 07:38 Daventry district beats national figures for employment
- 07:37 Five Leeds secondary schools fail to hit pupils’ progress targets
- 07:37 Leeds students combat social stigma in new exhibition
- 07:37 Royal Mail shares dip as letter deliveries continue to fall
- 07:37 Digital training hub opens in Leeds city centre
- 07:37 Video: Let It Shine singer visits Leeds primary school
- 07:37 Child's play gets a significant boost at school thanks to £27k project
- 07:37 Russia sees positive signs in Syria peace process - agencies cite...
- 07:36 Midfield priority for David Moyes as Sunderland chase Brady, Boudebouz
- 07:36 All lanes re-opened after car smash on Southbound M6
- 07:33 China cuts reserve ratios for big five banks temporarily amid cash...
- 07:33 Ebola, war … but just two psychiatrists to deal with a nation's trauma
- 07:32 Vicious punch fractured girlfriend's eye socket leaving her with...
- 07:31 Chelsea player sends transfer message to striker after completing...
- 07:31 Gabriel Jesus vows to bring titles to Manchester City
- 07:30 Holiday joy turned into ‘nightmare’
- 07:30 Small firms in Scotland wary over Donald Trump’s impact
- 07:30 Suspect arrested over teenage girl's killing remains in custody