Drivers paying the penalty for defective tyres
0 Have your say Analysis has revealed that defective tyres account for a growing proportion of the total penalty points received by drivers for the poor condition of their cars.
The data, collected from from British police forces since 2013, examined the issuing of penalty points for vehicle defects over the past three years.
Analysis of the information showed that in 2015, 50 per cent of the defective vehicle offences for which drivers received penalty points were due to issues with their tyres – up from 40 per cent in 2013.
The overwhelming majority of tyre offences were having... read more
- 11:39 National Express raises free cash flow outlook on international demand
- 11:39 Eight dead and 20 injured after bombing in Pakistan shopping centre
- 11:39 Spanish club offers women free entry, drink & £85 if they go...
- 11:38 #FlyDSA: “My house to Paris in just three hours - I was amazed!”
- 11:38 Time extension for Pavilion Gardens marquee
- 11:38 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:38 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Health Column: Time to protest as Government is turning blind eye...
- 11:37 Router hacker suspect arrested at Luton Airport
- 11:37 What’s On around Harrogate: Your listings guide for the week ahead
- 11:37 Love a man in uniform? Not if you live in Burnley
- 11:37 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Burnley has been "misled and let down" by the Government
- 11:37 Safety warning issued over leaking gas hobs
- 11:37 HS2 high-speed rail project passes final hurdle
- 11:37 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:36 Brits are ditching their polite reputation to become excellent...
- 11:35 Police welfare a priority insist force bosses
- 11:36 EXCLUSIVE: Ronda Rousey has nothing to be ashamed of - Bellator...
- 11:35 If you’re having a crap morning, just look at these polar bear babies
- 11:35 Shadow Housing Minister’s pledge for more affordable homes in...
- 11:35 Wheelchair challenge to transform 20 lives
- 11:35 Bloomers come back bigger and better
- 11:35 Did you see Mickleover crash which left girl with broken left?
- 11:34 TAS plan follow-up to "amazing" Kenyan school visit
- 11:34 BAE Systems expects earnings boost from U.S. defence spending
- 11:34 UK shop sales rise but retailers worry about inflation - CBI
- 11:34 Skeleton of eight foot ‘serpent’ washes up in Cornwall
- 11:34 Woman facing jail for false rape allegations against her ex
- 11:33 ‘Radical’ new vision for Lancashire’s public sector