Drivers beat sky-high car insurance by haggling down the price as premiums soar 14% to national average of £788
Drivers are now paying an average of £788 for car insurance, a rise of 13.5 per cent in a year, but one in five has managed to cut their premiums by haggling.
One of the main reasons prices have risen at such a fast rate in the past year is due to the two hikes to insurance premium tax.
But one way to cut the price you pay is by haggling with your insurer and getting it to lower the price.
Of the 5,000 drivers asked by the research company, between June and August this year, 20 per cent said they were offered a lower price by their current insurer at renewal when they asked.
But the... read more
- 09:09 Think dating apps are perilous? Try using Tinder when you’re trans
- 09:08 Manchester United squad for Sevilla trip revealed as boss says...
- 09:08 Caroline Flack has been 'secretly dating' The Apprentice contestant...
- 09:07 Three-quarters of people would support law change on organ donation
- 09:07 Devolution deal rolls on after public have say
- 09:05 Kevin the Carrot gets the chop after a single complaint about an...
- 09:05 Aldi alcohol advert banned for appealing to children
- 09:05 Wigan fans in the money after cup shock
- 09:05 Legal notice for owner of dangerous Wigan building
- 09:05 Former Doncaster office block goes up in flames in arson attack
- 09:05 KFC crisis is going to continue for some time
- 09:05 Chewing gum advert banned over fears children could copy it and choke
- 09:05 No cash? No worries as Uno Buses launch new contactless service
- 09:04 Ashton Kutcher fasted for a week in the woods after splitting up...
- 09:03 Manchester United tell Real Madrid: David De Gea is not for sale...
- 09:02 ‘I have never felt so terrified’ says Skegness mum
- 09:02 Nantes boss Claudio Ranieri ready to quit if he is offered the...
- 09:02 Thibaut Courtois in talks with Chelsea over new deal but admits...
- 09:01 Scarborough man jailed for grooming vulnerable teen
- 09:01 Former Doncaster office block goes up in flames in arson attack
- 09:01 Police issue update after tram and Poulton woman, 72, collide in...
- 09:01 Kevin the Carrot get the chop after a single complaint about an...
- 09:00 Former Doncaster office block goes up in flames in arson attack
- 08:58 Four arrested after stolen Macbooks and iPhones recovered
- 08:58 Justin Bieber cheers as his father gets married in beautiful...
- 08:58 Kevin the Carrot get the chop after a single complaint about an...
- 08:58 Stephanie Davis opens up about feeling ‘suicidal’ over Jeremy...
- 08:58 Billingham Town look for brighter new era – after positive EGM
- 08:57 University guide 2018: Brunel University London
- 08:56 Stratford AC youngsters impress in Sportshall final