Driver who led police on 100mph chase through Telford voids jail
Fasel Mehmood overtook cars by driving on the wrong side of the road through Telford and forced other motorists to slow down or swerve out of the way to avoid head-on smashes.
The 22-year-old fled in an Audi car after officers attempted to stop him in Wrekin Drive, Donnington, at about 9.40pm on April 6 this year.
When he stopped and gave up 10 miles later and on the outskirts of Newport via the A518 and the A41, officers discovered he had no licence or insurance and the car had no MOT.
Mr Robert Edwards, prosecuting, told Shrewsbury Crown Court that Mehmood reached top speeds of between... read more
- 01:50 North Korean propaganda changes its tune
- 01:33 Teens on 9-1 GCSEs: 'Everyone's worried about grade boundaries'
- 01:33 Meet Game of Thrones' woman of weapons
- 01:25 The Aquarius: Migrant taxi service or charitable rescuers?
- 01:23 Tom Richmond: Tories could pay dearly for their attitude to the North
- 01:22 Codebreaking Bombe moves to computer museum
- 01:21 Charity issues plea to parents as holidays end
- 01:21 Renting a way of life in hard-up Britain
- 01:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Brexit crash landing fears. Airbus chief...
- 01:14 David Behrens: NHS needs to push the envelope on methods of...
- 01:14 Sir William Worsley: Trees must be at the heart of our...
- 01:09 Charing Cross evacuated as man on tracks claims to have a bomb
- 01:04 The Yorkshire Post says: Cricket’s new test. How to win over Asian...
- 01:04 The Yorkshire Post says: Grayling no show. Macavity Minister to...
- 01:04 Brexit: Campaigners to demand new vote in London march
- 00:47 Grin and bear it: researcher has no hard feelings for grizzly that...
- 00:47 Supreme court bans police access to phone records without a warrant
- 00:43 Royal Ascot tips: Best bets for Day Five of 2018 festival
- 00:43 Nabil Fekir to plead with Lyon president for Liverpool move despite...
- 00:43 Game of Thrones: Kit Harington and Rose Leslie's wedding is coming
- 00:43 Blue Planet fans 'disturbing coastal wildlife'
- 00:42 Melania Trump visits children’s shelter wearing ‘I don’t care’ jacket
- 00:42 Gangs’ families should lose council homes – Home Office minister
- 00:35 Lincs CCC set to begin championship defence
- 00:30 Win a VIP Lowther Show Experience 2018!
- 00:27 Talking Horses: Growl could give Richard Fahey a Wokingham repeat
- 00:23 AFL results: Round 13 scores, ladder and latest news
- 00:17 Tout rout: stars come out to close down ticket resellers
- 00:17 Netflix chief of communications leaving after reports of using N-word
- 00:13 Two-thirds of drivers 'unaware of mobile penalties'