Driver hit speeds of 120mph before fatal New Year's Day crash that killed him and a teenager
A driver reached speeds up to 120mph in his souped-up car before a crash that killed himself and a 17-year-old passenger, an inquest heard.
Sagar Chadha, 30, had cannabis in his system when he drove his Nissan GT-R out of Newcastle city centre on New Year’s Day, speeding along Grandstand road.
Rushing to beat the traffic lights at the junction with Fenham Hall Drive, witnesses estimate he hit between 90 and 120 mph. Weaving past other drivers, the car careered into a lamp post and was flung into a tree, leaving a trail of debris across the road.
Senior Coroner Karen Dilks recorded a verdict... read more
- 18:16 Everyone had fun in the sun at village fair
- 18:15 Chelsea and England starlet heading to Coventry City - reports
- 18:15 Ex-Coventry City, Liverpool and Chelsea man takes up coaching role...
- 18:15 Bumper pay-day beckons as ex-Coventry City star nears Premier...
- 18:15 England should 'not come down too hard on Eddie Jones' after series...
- 18:15 A quick taste of Coventry City's travels in League One next season
- 18:15 Everyone had fun in the sun at village fair
- 18:14 West Brom 'in negotiations' over double sale - reports
- 18:14 Driver trapped for an hour following horror M6 crash
- 18:13 Time capsule buried under former police station found by builders
- 18:13 Ban on Barrow taxi drivers flying England flags overturned
- 18:13 Yarlside win Furness Academy Sport Award
- 18:13 Northumberland pupils set for boardroom challenge
- 18:12 Vintage train company steps in to reopen Lake District line
- 18:09 Cleanup carried out before Leamington Canal Festival’s revival
- 18:09 Pet owner to appeal to court to save his dog from being put down...
- 18:09 Problems as major work on Burton Bridge causes traffic delays...
- 18:09 Some good news: Major Tatenhill road has reopened - A WEEK EARLY
- 18:08 England vs Tunisia LIVE: World Cup updates as Three Lions get...
- 18:07 Walmart shopper shoots dead carjacking gunman
- 18:06 Sunday League game abandoned after violence flares among spectators
- 18:06 Two boys snared home invader after locking themselves in bathroom
- 18:05 These giant sex-obsessed moths are invading the UK
- 18:04 Strip club makes streets safer, says Spearmint Rhino boss
- 18:03 Westworld recap: season 2, episode 9 – will man or machine be the...
- 18:02 Leicestershire soldiers among those protecting Cyprus airbase where...
- 18:02 'One day I will tell her all', says man whose wife died before...
- 18:02 NHS staff plan memorial for nurse whose daughter was born after her...
- 18:01 Dundee Stars re-sign Kris Inglis
- 18:01 Dundee United announce signing of ‘potential number one’ goalkeeper