Driver critical after A38 horror crash
A driver remains in critical condition in hospital this morning following a collision on the A38 near Derby.
Police say a second person was also badly injured in the accident, which happened at 7.10pm last night, between the A610 at Ripley and the B6179 at Coxbench. It involved five vehicles and the carriageway remained closed until around 11pm when police re-opened it to traffic.
Traffic on the southbound stretch was being allowed to turn around and drive the wrong way back up the road so vehicles could exit the A38 at the Ripley roundabout.
READ MORE: Watch as cars turned around on A38... read more
- 01:40 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 01:39 'Germany's culture must be respected' Angela Merkel's minister...
- 01:38 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 01:37 Police in Sheffield uncover haul of class A drugs after raid on...
- 01:34 Reform 'high stakes' primary tests, MPs urge
- 01:29 Manchester United star Ander Herrera looks glum after latest draw...
- 01:23 Tony Blair's legacy 20 years on
- 01:23 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 01:23 Brighton star Steve Sidwell poised to win Championship against...
- 01:23 Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham are heaping pressure on Chelsea...
- 01:23 Leeds star warns owners: Club faces disaster if Garry Monk leaves
- 01:22 White House defends Trump invitation to Duterte despite human...
- 01:09 ADVISORY-Hong Kong financial markets closed for holiday, reopen...
- 01:09 U.S. service member killed near Mosul identified as infantry officer
- 01:03 Why an Italian row over place names is dredging up memories of fascism
- 00:57 Line of Duty season 5: Fans will have to wait 2 YEARS for the next...
- 00:53 Researchers design housing for refugee camps in extreme climates
- 00:52 Khalid Masood: Police unlock Westminster attacker's final text
- 00:52 Celtic's Scott Sinclair takes to social media to make a stand...
- 00:47 Zelda Breath of the Wild news: Microsoft talk Xbox rival as new...
- 00:46 YP Comment: Pay the region what is owed - PM must sign off EU funding
- 00:43 Mild weather brings record number of moths to UK
- 00:40 Monday interview: Axis managing director Richard Scott
- 00:40 Supermarket giants to test high street resilience
- 00:40 John Boyle: Joined-up approach to building strength
- 00:38 Dame Barbara Windsor tells Jaime Winstone 'you're more me than me'
- 00:38 Former PM Tony Blair 'finds it hard to be hated by people'
- 00:38 Social media giants' failure to tackle extremism 'shameful'
- 00:38 Benefits process 'broken' as figures show thousands of PIP...
- 00:38 PM mulls tax break plan for middle-aged workers to tackle social...