Drive helps those who are at risk of diabetes
Diabetes is a growing problem in the UK but a free prevention programme is offering hope to people at risk in Derbyshire.
There are 3.5 million people who have been diagnosed with diabetes in the UK and a further 549,000 may be
unknowingly living with the condition.
Diabetes can lead to serious health issues including stroke, heart and kidney disease, and amputations.
The condition develops when glucose can’t enter the body’s cells to be used as fuel and this happens when either:
l There is no insulin to unlock the cells (Type 1 diabetes)
l There is not enough insulin or the insulin is... read more
- 12:34 'We need money!' Tajani's DESPERATE plea as he outlines major...
- 12:34 Italian PM working hard with Brussels to quell ANTI-EU sentiments...
- 12:34 FIFA 18 Ratings Refresh: Winter Upgrades PREDICTIONS ahead of EA...
- 12:34 I, Tonya Film review: A gutsy tale of Tonya Harding's rise and fall
- 12:34 IN PICTURES: This is what happened the last time the ‘Beast from...
- 12:33 No missed steak: Restaurant busier than ever after dumping meat to...
- 12:33 Champion tribute star to headline Blackpool Elvis Celebration
- 12:33 Dance fest leads by Example with stars
- 12:33 GALLERY: Resident shares images of flytipping misery in Preston
- 12:33 Showcase trip for kids was just Grand
- 12:33 Emotional support dog ‘bites child on plane’
- 12:33 Premier League transfer news: Toby Alderweireld, Raheem Sterling,...
- 12:33 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions
- 12:32 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions
- 12:32 Tennis coach nets top award
- 12:32 Delays after overnight fire at MOT station in Ramsbottom
- 12:32 Letter: Beware of any more ‘nibbling’ of the Stray
- 12:31 Stephen Fry reveals he is battling prostate cancer in shock...
- 12:31 Why changes are coming to Aston Villa's summer transfer deadline...
- 12:31 Steve Bruce's challenge to his Aston Villa players ahead of...
- 12:31 How next week’s cold weather could affect your mobile phone
- 12:31 The lasting legacy of little baby Christopher
- 12:30 Leicestershire construction materials giant Aggregate Industries...
- 12:29 How do you get your baby to sleep? Tommee Tippee has the 10 perfect...
- 12:29 Victims of bungling robber speak of their ordeal
- 12:29 Emergency shelters opened as Leeds activates cold weather protocol...
- 12:29 Lola Ross on the health trends for 2018
- 12:29 Angela Missoni: New knits
- 12:29 Watch mass brawl break out at Headingley bar
- 12:28 Yorkshire hotel named one of Britain's most romantic