Drinking green tea could boost your weight loss and brain function in just 4 months, study claims
Drinking green tea does help with weight loss and boost brain function, new research claims.
The beverage has long been a favorite among dieters, and many tea brands tout its metabolism-boosting qualities.
Now a study on mice appears to confirm that the drink can have a transformative effect in just a few months.
Researchers in Yangling, China, found that when a key compound in green tea, known as EGCG, was given to mice, their body fat significantly reduced.
Such mice also performed significantly better in cognition and memory tests, the research adds.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next... read more
- 14:44 New strict Twitter abuse rules may finally silence Donald Trump
- 14:44 Eddie Redmayne to read Christmas Day CBeebies Bedtime Story
- 14:44 When does Celebrity Big Brother 2018 start? Line-up rumours and more
- 14:44 RAF Mildenhall in lockdown following 'security incident'
- 14:44 The Premier League team of the season so far - according to Sky...
- 14:42 Manchester United stars emerge through the fog as they arrive for...
- 14:41 Bitcoin price to hit $400,000, analyst who predicted...
- 14:41 Belokon v Oystons: Judge sets out schedule for £25m payments
- 14:41 Star Wars after credits: Why is EVERYONE talking about The Last...
- 14:40 Warwick Racecourse expecting sell-out crowd for New Year’s Eve meeting
- 14:40 Crackin' idea! A Scotch egg wrapped in Christmas pudding on sale in...
- 14:38 Conor McGregor splashes £625 on Gucci sneakers as UFC superstar...
- 14:38 Manchester City players wrap up as they train in the fog ahead of...
- 14:38 Carabao Cup semi-final draw to take place on Wednesday after series...
- 14:38 Water supply restored to homes in Walney street
- 14:37 Anthony Joshua provides update on negotiations over next fight
- 14:37 Storm Dylan 'to bring high winds and heavy rain' over Christmas
- 14:37 Police are 'extremely concerned' for the safety of missing Hull man...
- 14:36 Mansfield man armed himself with kitchen knives to frighten ex
- 14:36 Warsop drink driver hit oncoming car
- 14:36 Sutton man faces cocaine and cannabis dealing charges
- 14:36 Mansfield man tried to get arrested to escape “attackers”
- 14:36 Get Leicestershire breaking news updates - direct to your phone
- 14:35 The top five web browser Christmas games
- 14:35 'Security incident' at RAF base in Suffolk
- 14:35 ‘What’s the point of staying at Arsenal?’ Mesut Ozil and Alexis...
- 14:34 Cumbria murderer 'was victim of miscarriage of justice'
- 14:34 Arsenal vs West Ham: Arsene Wenger issues Ramsey, Mustafi and...
- 14:34 RAF base on lockdown over ‘significant’ security incident
- 14:34 Manchester United sent Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford message...