Drink driver nearly mowed down woman in Nelson
A drink-driver more than three times the limit almost mowed down a woman after mounting the pavement in Nelson at 11-20am, a court heard.
Glenn David Glasgow (58) narrowly missed the pedestrian before hitting a bollard on Railway Street. The woman was shocked but unhurt.
Burnley magistrates were told how nearby workmen rushed to the scene and one of them removed the ignition keys to Glasgow’s Vauxhall Corsa.
The unemployed defendant, of Beech Tree Close, Nelson, admitted driving with excess alcohol, on September 9th, and failing to surrender on September 27th.
He was given a two month... read more
- 11:31 Upton-born playwright signs up to help people with dementia
- 11:31 Antoine Griezmann to Man Utd transfer: Shirt with his name and...
- 11:31 Birmingham City take up one-year option on former Burton Albion...
- 11:30 Kirkby youth shone torch at car break-ins
- 11:30 Lewis boy Charlie’s haircut challenge to help cancer victims
- 11:30 Taking a sickie: 10 excuses ranked from worst to best
- 11:30 BREAKING: Army and bomb disposal team called to incident in Manchester
- 11:30 Barrow and Furness election hustings events being rescheduled
- 11:30 Florida Farm battle over
- 11:30 Army bomb disposal team sent to Manchester college site
- 11:30 Fundraising page set up for funeral costs of Chloe Rutherford and...
- 11:29 Car production drops sharply in April
- 11:29 Legendary Celtic boss Jock Stein hated showboats - watch what...
- 11:28 In their own words - Friends and families pay tribute to the...
- 11:28 West Brom reveal new football kit for 2017/18 season
- 11:27 Gateshead constituency General Election 2017 - parties, candidates...
- 11:27 Arson attack in Kibblesworth village as two vehicles are set on fire
- 11:27 Biggest wooden boat built on the Fylde for decades
- 11:26 Radio 1 Big Weekend 2017 will see armed police and airport-style...
- 11:26 Manchester United played and celebrated in Jose Mourinho's image vs...
- 11:26 Police release CCTV of men they want to speak to after four...
- 11:25 Real Homes: restful riverside haven in Mid Calder
- 11:25 SE Asia Stocks-Higher on Fed caution over pace of rate hikes
- 11:25 U.N. wants investigation into attack on Yemen envoy's convoy
- 11:25 Crowd funding appeal for grieving Leeds family tops £11,000
- 11:25 Kurdish militants kill three Turkish security force members - sources
- 11:25 Funds raised for Whalley bomb blast mother's family
- 11:25 What did the critics make of the Dirty Dancing remake?
- 11:24 Bomb squad called to reports of 'suspicious package' outside Fife...
- 11:24 Italy says working with EU authorities to find solution for Veneto...