Dramatic evacuation as smoke fills Iceland in Holderness Road, Hull
A supermarket in east Hull had to be dramatically evacuated this morning after it suddenly filled with smoke.
Iceland, in Holderness Road, only reopened this month after a major refit.
But Humberside Fire and Rescue had to be called just after 7am on Thursday after the smoke was seen coming from the roof of the shop.
A spokesman for the fire service said two fire engines were sent to the scene at 7:08am.
"We had been called because there had been some smoke seen coming from the roof on the top," he said.
"We want to have a look at the smoke with our thermal image camera and... read more
- 19:25 Brazil will complete their World Cup 2018 qualifying campaign...
- 19:25 Two men appear in over murder of man found in burned out car
- 19:24 The ‘world’s fattest woman’ is attempting to lose 64 stone
- 19:20 ASAP Rocky just wants to ride his bicycle – even after a session...
- 19:19 'His lips were blue and I knew he was gone' - mum's heartache after...
- 19:19 Boxer Fortunate Bube set to miss title fight after getting locked up
- 19:16 Google tests auto-play videos in search results
- 19:15 Sunderland seal deal for Bournemouth striker Lewis Grabban on...
- 19:14 Star Wars 8: Leia 'EMOTIONAL' final scenes with Kylo Ren? How can...
- 19:14 Manchester United believe there’s ‘real chance’ of Gareth Bale...
- 19:13 15 summer styles all 90s kids rocked
- 19:11 Arsenal leading race to sign Man City's Jadon Sancho: He idolises...
- 19:10 Apple and Cochlear reveal revolutionary implant that can stream...
- 19:10 Instagram meltdown as site crashes for US and European users
- 19:10 Three-year-old twins drown in backyard swimming pool
- 19:09 Watford 1 Rangers 2 as Jason Holt grabs late winner for Pedro...
- 19:06 The dramatic moment an orca attacks a fishing boat and tries to rip...
- 19:06 The tiny country full of golfing giants: Why Northern Ireland...
- 19:05 Northfield Beach has opened in Birmingham and kids are loving it...
- 19:04 Outlook sizzling hot - superstore offers barbecue forecasts
- 19:03 Robber tried to take 12-year-old boy's bike in Widnes
- 19:01 Dalton mum diagnosed with terminal cancer urges woman to have smear...
- 19:01 Furness students could get TV license refund
- 19:01 Barrow man admits 'moment of madness' takeaway assault
- 19:01 Pair accused of Ulverston assault to appear in crown court
- 19:01 Bootle drink driver admits running away from police
- 19:01 Country life celebrated at Ulverston and North Lonsdale Show
- 18:57 Instagram is down and social media has gone into meltdown
- 18:57 Foxconn expected to announce multi-billion dollar investment
- 18:57 RBS likely to avoid compulsory sale of Williams & Glyn