Dozens of cases Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) reported in UK
Parents are being advised about a virus which can leave children paralysed – as dozens of cases have been reported so far in the UK this year.
Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) has so far infected 38 children in the UK this year and parents are advised to watch for the symptoms of the polio-like bug.
The bug shot to prominence in 2014 after more than a thousands children across North America caught the disease - with over a hundred reported to be let paralysed.
Here is what you need to know about the illness.
What is Enterovirus D68?
First identified in California in 1962, the virus is one of 100... read more
- 17:27 Aston Villa: Who is Sam Gallagher and why would he interest Steve...
- 17:28 Papas to serve 10,000 fish and chips for 1p at Willerby and Bilton...
- 17:27 Watch Ant McPartlin attempt Llanfairpwll tongue twister live on TV
- 17:27 What YOU have to say about Gwynedd Council spending £2,000 on...
- 17:27 David Storey dead: This Sporting Life author dies aged 83
- 17:26 Chelsea loan star Tammy Abraham showcases incredible skill in...
- 17:26 Grenade recovered from side of A483 between Chester and Wrexham
- 17:25 ‘Short window of opportunity’ to break Stormont deadlock
- 17:25 Free gelato at new Rugby ice cream parlour
- 17:25 Four men banned from Carlisle bars after violent incident
- 17:23 Iraqi forces make new push in Mosul Old City -federal police
- 17:23 Former Liverpool favourite Luis Garcia makes bold top four prediction
- 17:23 UFC star Nick Diaz rolls joint before triathlon
- 17:23 Foundations singer Clem Curtis dies aged 76
- 17:22 Ronaldo and Ronaldinho open up on who threw the best parties for...
- 17:22 Could your bridal party be on new TV show Always The Bridesmaid?
- 17:21 Have your say on Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- 17:20 CCTV appeal after religious hate crime' in Derbyshire village
- 17:19 Which Derbyshire sites are among the UK’s most visited tourist...
- 17:18 Wham! star Andrew Ridgeley slams Channel 5 George Michael documentary
- 17:18 The everyday items you should NEVER buy from a supermarket
- 17:18 Driver alert! Swan 'moving lane to lane' near Barnetby Top
- 17:18 Why vegan mothers are more likely to have children who perform...
- 17:18 Spotted: Ex-Man United ace hospitalises opponent with vicious elbow...
- 17:18 Australia cricket captain labels India star a 'f***ing cheat' after...
- 17:17 FTSE hits one-month low as miners, Babcock slide
- 17:17 Tributes paid as loving Woodville couple die within days of each other
- 17:17 Devastation at district's loss of Royal British Legion hydrotherapy...
- 17:17 What is left when Peru's flood waters recede
- 17:15 Masood mother 'shocked and saddened'