Dozens killed in Mozambique fuel truck blast
At least 43 people have been killed in a fuel truck explosion in Mozambique, government officials say.
Some reports suggest the death toll may be as high as 73, and 110 people have suffered burns.
It happened near the country's border with Malawi, when a truck was carrying petrol from the port city of Beira.
A government statement said that people were trying to siphon fuel from an overturned truck when heat caused it to explode.
- 14:41 Unemployment rate falls again
- 14:41 Derbyshire cricket ace Michael Vaughan calls for all non-British...
- 14:41 Missing Martyn Hett confirmed a victim of Manchester bomb blast
- 14:41 County mum confirmed as killed in Manchester bomb attack
- 14:40 John Terry says he ‘couldn’t care less’ about critics of 26th...
- 14:40 Wall St. set to open little changed ahead of Fed minutes
- 14:40 Female police officer killed and husband critical after...
- 14:40 Patient in crippling pain gave up hospital bed for Manchester victims
- 14:40 Emirates baggage allowance: How much luggage can you take on your...
- 14:40 Thousands of pounds of car buyer's cash stolen
- 14:39 Derbyshire cricket ace Michael Vaughan calls for all non-British...
- 14:39 Ponteland Tandoori to remain closed until further notice after...
- 14:39 Manchester terror attack: What we know about the victims and those...
- 14:38 Exclusive: Dubai looking into forming $1 billion shipping...
- 14:38 Thousands of pounds of car buyer's cash stolen
- 14:38 Manchester terror attack: The victims and those who are still missing
- 14:38 Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United not impressing Edwin van der Sar
- 14:38 A gin and tonic ice cream bar is coming to London for World Gin Day
- 14:38 Mansfield man describes relief at finding daughter after Manchester...
- 14:37 Derbyshire cricket ace Michael Vaughan calls for all non-British...
- 14:37 Manchester terror attack: The victims and those who are still missing
- 14:36 What is the Manchester bee? Tattoo ideas to show your support
- 14:36 Brits show they’re not afraid with #BritishThreatLevels after...
- 14:36 County mum confirmed as killed in Manchester bomb attack
- 14:36 Sean's pitch perfect FA Cup date
- 14:36 Part of road to remain closed for third night after gas leak
- 14:36 TRAVEL: All trains at a standstill after signal fault at...
- 14:35 New Fiat 500L - updated SUV range revealed for 2017
- 14:35 Rebecca on point to be a top ballerina
- 14:35 Thousands of pounds of car buyer's cash stolen