Downing Street 'won't review Saudi arms sales until Yemeni air strike probed'
The Saudi-led coalition battling rebels in Yemen has been blamed for the attack, which is also believed to have injured more than 500 people in the capital Sanaa.
The incident has increased pressure on the UK to halt sales of weaponry, including fighter jets and bombs, to the country.
The Campaign Against Arms Trade (CAAT) said the UK has licensed the sale of more than £3.3 billion worth of arms to the Saudi government since the bombing campaign began in March 2015, with BAE Systems last week announcing it was in talks over a new five-year defence co-operation programme between the two... read more
- 14:15 Candidates reveal comedy canvassing capers
- 14:15 Public invited to Lincolnshire East CCG Governing Body Meeting
- 14:15 South Tyneside Council prepares for Universal Credit roll out in...
- 14:15 Britain’s Most Wanted list: sexual crimes
- 14:15 Customs union Q&A: what is it and can the UK manage without it?
- 14:15 Man accused at Old Bailey of murdering seven-year-old daughter
- 14:14 Hollyoaks wedding: Nikki Sanderson takes the plunge in a bright...
- 14:14 Wayne Rooney hooker Jenny Thompson displays perky physique in a...
- 14:14 Public invited to Lincolnshire East CCG Governing Body Meeting
- 14:13 'Jihad of Jesus' tour comes to Burnley
- 14:13 Victim treated for burns at scene of car fire
- 14:13 Alfie Evans supporters storm Alder Hey hospital as life support is...
- 14:13 'You can't be that homeless if you won't do that' - the reality for...
- 14:12 IN PICTURES: 300 dogs in fancy dress gather at Heaton Park
- 14:12 Award-winning Chester hotel wins court battle to expand
- 14:12 Public invited to Lincolnshire East CCG Governing Body Meeting
- 14:12 Council approves outline approval for Swineshead homes
- 14:11 Labour to press ahead with new public holiday plans
- 14:11 Capital gains for Wigan rail passengers
- 14:11 Man admits having out-of-control dog
- 14:10 How some 'healthy' yoghurts contain more sugar than a chocolate...
- 14:10 Tourists warned to avoid a common painkiller after it kills a...
- 14:10 Britain’s Most Wanted list: sexual crimes
- 14:10 What is the recommended daily sugar intake?
- 14:10 Public invited to Lincolnshire East CCG Governing Body Meeting
- 14:10 Growth will be key to housing numbers in Northumberland
- 14:09 Did cannabis extract bring beloved Burton cat back from death's door?
- 14:09 Britain’s Most Wanted list: sexual crimes
- 14:09 Speed camera catches reckless duck flying way over the speed limit
- 14:08 Ex-judge Dame Laura Cox to head Commons bullying inquiry