Down’s Syndrome boy, 4, ‘turned away from play centre’ because it was ‘unsuitable for children like him’
A mum has claimed her young son who suffers from Down’s Syndrome was turned away from a play centre with staff saying it was ‘unsuitable for children like him’.
Simone Blount, from Warrington, said she and four-year-old son Stephen were turned away by a member of staff at the Mattel Play! Centre in Albert Dock.
After queuing for 20 minutes, a staff member looked at Stephen, who uses a wheelchair, before saying the centre was unsuitable, Ms Blount claimed.
Kind neighbour transforms squalid flat of OAP who hadn’t had a bath for 13 years She said: ‘He was really excited when we first got in... read more
- 17:30 Talyllyn Railway marks locomotives' 100th birthday
- 17:30 Great Yarmouth Charter Academy bans 'McDonald's' hairstyle
- 17:30 Eating your way to a healthier life
- 17:28 Twitter bot purge prompts backlash
- 17:28 The Wolves view on the Aston Villa powershift
- 17:28 This is what Aston Villa cult hero Moustapha Salifou is doing now
- 17:27 My best photograph: Mars rover Curiosity's shot of the hill she'll...
- 17:27 Eating your way to a healthier life
- 17:26 Climbing Kilimanjaro for teenager who died after leukaemia battle
- 17:25 Climbing Kilimanjaro for teenager who died after leukaemia battle
- 17:24 Kate Middleton shows off her bump at BAFTAs 2018 in plunging green...
- 17:24 BAFTAs 2018: Actresses who IGNORED black dress code, including...
- 17:23 Brave woman who spent hours shaving 'freakish' body hair has...
- 17:23 American evangelist Billy Graham dies aged 99 after 70 years in the...
- 17:23 Gerry fired up by chemistry magazine feature
- 17:23 Business rallies to support MPM after fire
- 17:22 Young shopkeeper faces down raiders armed with brick
- 17:22 PNE ace Fisher pays price for yellow card
- 17:21 Spalding man Mitchell Ede wanted by police
- 17:21 Youth arrested after alleged assaults on teachers at University...
- 17:21 Young shopkeeper faces down raiders armed with brick
- 17:21 Changing the emphasis on university funding
- 17:21 The many tongues of Lost in Books, the only bookstore in Fairfield
- 17:21 Vice-chancellors told high pay is immoral amid rising student debt
- 17:21 Vikings season 5: Showrunner CONFIRMS ‘significant’ deaths 'There...
- 17:21 Paul Pogba set to be left out of Manchester United’s starting line...
- 17:21 Only Atletico Madrid can stop Arsenal winning the Europa League,...
- 17:20 The world is clear-eyed about Brexit, and knows it must be reversed
- 17:20 Halifax Courier Café of the Year: Who made the top ten?
- 17:20 Police release pictures of expensive jewellery taken in Harrogate raid